For all WWII Discussion
oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 95

What A Tanker! @ MOAB 2018?

Post by oozeboss » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Just testing the waters:

How many people would be interested in playing in a What A Tanker! event at MOAB 2018? Details would be that it is played on Saturday 29th and Sunday 30 September, at the Sylvania Heights complex (south of Sydney, NSW).

Basic rules would be that each player can field up to 2 vehicles from any one nation, of a combined value not exceeding 30 points as per the rule book. Scale is 28mm figures. Vehicles must be WYSIWYG (so no Pzkw I's pretending to be VI's), and each player can only field one of each kind of vehicle (so no pair of M36's, for example).

If we have enough interest, we just might be able to get this going - and if it does, it could be the most fun a lot of us have with our clothes on!

:shock: :o :mrgreen:
"We are all worms.
But I do believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill

oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony

Re: What A Tanker! @ MOAB 2018?

Post by oozeboss » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:06 pm

Mount Up TANKERS! We're now officially playing at MOAB 2018. Registration (and link to the Players' Pack) can be accessed at: http://www.motherofallbattles.org/tournaments-register/ .
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill

oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony

Post by oozeboss » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:15 am

A quick note for our Aussie Tankers here: I've had the word put on me by the organizers that MOAB is rapidly filling up and that those competitions with insufficient actual registrations may soon find themselves being cancelled (probably some time this week). We've had a healthy number of stated intentions to play, but not enough have splashed the cash (yet) to guarantee our place in the MOAB sun. So, if you are intending to play WHAT A TANKER! there this year (and it's now less than 4 weeks away), please go to https://www.motherofallbattles.org/tour ... -register/ asap and register, so that the Lard light can continue to shine at Australasia's second biggest gaming convention. (I can even loan out some German or American tanks if required.)
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill

oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony

Post by oozeboss » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:07 am

I received confirmation last night that WHAT A TANKER! is ON for MOAB 2018.

:shock: :D :P

So a quick reminder to any Australasian TANKERS! that this looks like being 2 days of outstanding fun. Any registrations done by tomorrow (Sunday 16 September) get the Early Bird discount, and we can (probably) lend pretty badly constructed and painted tanks for anybody without them.

Mount Up, you TANKERS!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill

oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony

Post by oozeboss » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:53 pm

The last tune up games for MOAB 2018 were played tonight at Sutherland Shire Gamers. A Polish pairing of Sherman Firefly + M10 Achilles II fronted a Panzer V Panther D + Panzer IV G combination. The first game was a Fat Boy scenario, and after a tense stand off early the Defenders of European Civilization broke through for a deceptively easy looking 2 - 0 win.

The second game used the Angles deployment, and despite the Allied player dangerously attacking in a very piecemeal manner, the Achilles ignored the resulting double team and, with the aid of some very favourable assistance from the Dice Gods, managed to take out the Panther before it was immediately nuked by the Panzer IV. The Firefly eventually made it to within spitting distance & surprisingly outmaneuvered the Panzer IV before delivering a slightly terminal 17 pounder enema, which unleashed an enormous sense of relief for the cause of the Champions of Democracy.

Again, both games were run & won within an hour each, despite lots of banter, hopeless digressions & distractions, and gales of laughter. WHAT A TANKER! at MOAB over the coming long weekend certainly promises to be bags of fun.
"We are all worms.

Winston Churchill