Very nice iNation blog

For the promotion and discussion for anything 18th Century that mixes wigs, powder and lace in a theme that is not quite historical, but not quite fantasy.
paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Very nice iNation blog

Post by paintpig » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 pm

The Duchy of Libations http://firestorm99.blogspot.ca/

Came across this blog on tmp a couple weeks ago, well planned out armies, some original thinking with uniforms colours and great painting. Well worth taking the time to check out.
DSC02043.jpg
DSC02043.jpg (103.37 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
DSC02112.jpg
DSC02112.jpg (144.66 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
DoL.jpg
DoL.jpg (137.38 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
I do like an old school game with big battalions. I would opt for smaller sabots (movement trays) but that might be because I use smaller bases (5¢ pieces) and like the troops closer together, reminds me I have to make up some more sabots for the Franken Kries :roll:
Look like LotR size bases and sabot perhaps, any way it all looks splendid to me.
regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles

Bluebear
a Shandy
a Shandy
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Re: Very nice iNation blog

Post by Bluebear » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:19 pm

I use a magnet to go through rolls of pennies here in Canada. As with many countries a lot of the pennies are made with steel and are attracted by magnets. That is what I base my individually-based figures on.

Then I use that "magnetic paper" that you can get at stationary supply stores . . . the ones that you can cut with scissors and has a sticky side with a peel-off cover . . . and use those for my sabots when the magnetic paper is stuck to card stock. I also glue thin strips of balsa on the sides to prevent slide-offs. The pennies then stick nicedly.

Hope that this idea might help you, sir.

-- Jeff

paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Re: Very nice iNation blog

Post by paintpig » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:26 am

I like your thinking Jeff, very creative. The 1 and 2 cent coins have been long scrapped in Australia and they were all copper, our 2 cent coins were perfect for basing in every way. Alas our silver coins are predominantly nickel although as I mentioned I use the 5 cent for basing, nice price at 20 for $1, good quality non rusting :lol:
regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles