The game part IV Phantom Agent's point of view..

Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

The game part IV Phantom Agent's point of view..

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:29 pm

Phantom agent has kindly lent me his shots of the game so here they are!
Some great shots here and very vibrant colours.Thanks for sending them through.Lots of shots here.........
The Wurttemburg Regt (playing itself) looks in trouble- but it pours a volley into DR 7,which instead veers off and crashes into the Pfalz Regt
Regt Baden-Baden holding its ground (played by Regt Baden-Durlach)
The Pfalz Guard (played by Regt Pfalz Zweibrucken)was one of only two Trained battalions in the Reichsarmee main position, the others all being Raw.Here it endures the attentions of a Prussian battalion gun (the battalion itself being reduced to one infantryman).
a Franconian Regt and Imperial cuirassiers- safe for most of the battle behind the Rohrgraben.
an attacking Prussian Grenadier battalion
Regt Baden-Baden and the Pfalz Guard- defiantly hanging on!
St Andre thinks its time to move the wagons- a bad sign
Imperial Horse pick their way across the corpse strewn field
2/Hesse-Kassel recoils from the Mainz Regt as the Anspach Dragoons come thundering down upon them!
[Those of delicate susceptibilities are warned that the following photographs are not in chronological order-so, don`t try working out what is happening, just enjoy the shots].
A nice view of the Hesse-Darmstadt Kreis Regt (the other Trained battalion in the army) playing itself and alongside the Pfalz Guard.
a shot from early in the game-the Reichsarmee cavalry reserve is moved in fits and starts to the left flank (try to ignore the Hanoverian standard)
Reichsarmee Headquarters
The Saxon villagers look on to see who is going to oppress them next-Prussians or the even more demanding 'Romans'
A nice view of four converged companies of Reichsarmee grenadiers with attached gun calmly watching the battle from the far side of the Rohrgraben(do I sound bitter?)

The Plateau- before the Prussians engage
After the battle (ooh-ugly!)
The historical battle in the terms of this game would have seen three Prussian and twelve Reichsarmee figures removed as opposed to 75 and 98 respectively for our re-fight ( Frederick would have been proud!)>

Captn Ewald

Photos

Postby Captn Ewald » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:38 am

Very good and clear shots of the battle. Very nice hussar unit - foundry figures?

Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 am

I think the light blue 7 white unit is Dixon.Phantom Agent can correct me if I`m wrong.The yellow & blue unit is Hinchliffe.

Captn Ewald

Postby Captn Ewald » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 am

Very nice those yellow and blue hussars. Time for a coffee this afternoon prinz? You at work or in the office?

Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:59 am

May not be able to get out today.

Call me later.

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Friday morning is on again...Swedish horse time!!!

Phantom Agent

Postby Phantom Agent » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:04 pm

they are the Bayreuth Dragoons and Dixon minis..the 4th Hussars were on the Prussian right flank

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:20 pm

that is one damn fine looking hill

Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Explanatory Note:
I kept calling the Bayreuth Dragoons (DR 5) DR 7 in the narrative because that`s who they were playing. The uniform actually, was pretty similar.Same facings but DR 7 didn`t have lapels.

Captn Ewald

Did someone say dragoons?

Postby Captn Ewald » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 pm

I suspected as such mein herr...but was too much of the gentleman to comment!

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:19 pm

and that still is one damn fine looking hill

uriah heep

Postby uriah heep » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:16 am

great stuff can you send me the pics il put them up on our site as well these are great

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:09 am

Uriah, might just be better to put in a link...if i get time I will cut and paste them across to your 17th century page..

Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:19 am

I think you mean 18th C page.

Oh yes, and the yellow faced dragoons were, I think, the Hessian Dragoon Regt Pz. Freiderich, also playing part of DR 7 (all 5 squadrons being present but split into different detachments).

And yes,that was one fine hill, purpose built by Phantom Agent and The Cardinal the day before.A great effort and one that made a huge difference to the table top.Now that I know what`s possible,I`m now trying to think of battles featuring great big mountains....

Phantom Agent

Postby Phantom Agent » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:47 pm

the hill, being a dominant part of the battlefield had to be reproduced..there I was wondering what to do...and just like the sketch..no body expects the spanish inquisition.....the Cardinal turned up, assessed, left for more spiritual help (flock, paint & dry sand), no mer,...came back...and it was all done in about 4 hours...

Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:20 pm

well done!

frostydog
The Jug
The Jug
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Postby frostydog » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:51 am

Have to agree a great looking hill. Good terrain adds so much more to the feel of the game.

M
"You defy me! How dare you defy me! Your uppance will come".
Cardinal's award for Purity of Expression and Justifiable Pedantry 2nd class

Der Alte Fritz

Postby Der Alte Fritz » Fri May 09, 2008 9:58 am

Yes, that is a great looking hill. But those Minifigs are even better. I have never seen so many of them in one place. Nice collection.

Pz. Ferdinand
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Pz. Ferdinand » Fri May 09, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks D.A.F.- nice of you to say so. They are old campaigners now but it is still good to get them off the shelf and onto the table.

The Cardinal did the Saxons for me some years ago (alas-long before the Eureka Saxons were thought of) and some of the rest go back as far as 1985.

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Fri May 09, 2008 10:58 am

I painted a lot of the PZ. collection over the last 28 years or so..he has the numbers, and I was impressed!

Return to “The Charles Bean Room”