Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Agincourt October 2015

Postby Admin Fella » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Hey All

I was able to attend a game played on the 600th Anniversary (almost - played on Saturday 24th October, 2015). The rules were a variant of Fire and Fury ("Age of Chivalry").

I really enjoyed myself. I do not get to game often and the I always enjoy the hospitality and chit chat of a great bunch of blokes who let me jump in for a game on the few times a year I can. I have borrowed the hosts (Mark Piper) commentary below to describe.

On turn 1 the English advanced to the edge of the muddy ploughed fields and deployed stakes. The French advanced across the mud. Poor French command structure limited the ability to coordinate the attack. English archery was effective (to be expected). French crossbows engaged in a shooting exchange with the English archers.

By turn 3 the French were assaulting along the entire length of the English line. Most were repelled but on the English right the archers were forced back.

By turn 5 (end of game) the French had broken through the English right, contesting the English centre and repulsed on the English right.

English players had prevented effective penetration of their line but failed (just) to cause the casualty threshold required. French had almost achieved the effective penetration of the English line but failed to inflict the casualty threshold required.

Overall scenario result was a draw !

The Battlefield

English

French

The English advance to provoke the French who respond by attacking.

The French have to get 12 stand to the other side of the muddy fields (depicted by the mats) to win. They can get victory points by inflicting casualties as can the English whose task is to stop them.

The French were able to reach the line but were repeatedly "repulsed" by the superior English firepower which really impacted on the French.

Myself and Ian were chatting about dice rolls and double ones. Sure enough guess what my next roll was!!

Further pics can be seen here:

http://www.societyofgentlemengamers.org ... 34&t=10408

regards
Mathew

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Re: Agincourt October 2015

Postby Captain Darling » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:51 am

Hey Mathew,

Looks like a great game you attended!

Nothing like spectacle of knights trying to teach the lesser classes a lesson.

If I could afford (space as well as money) to get figures for periods other than those I have I'd love a set of Knights and naves :D !

Cheers!
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au

Chuckie
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 94

Postby Chuckie » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Very nice, have to agree with Darling, nothing better than shiney knights.

nevermore
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Postby nevermore » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:52 pm

My type of game. lots of figures and it looks the biz.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Postby Admin Fella » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:59 am

It did look great and I really enjoyed the history lesson about the battle as well. While I knew the basics (I.E there was a battle and the English won), I got a much better understanding of what occurred and led to such a decisive English victory.

regards
Mathew

Return to “The Charles Bean Room”