7Th Edition 40k Game

Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

7Th Edition 40k Game

Postby Admin Fella » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:05 am

A good mate and I have been playing 40k against each other for about 20 years now. These days we may only have a game every 18 months or so, especially with me now in Canberra and him in Brisbane, but it is always a very enjoyable day of gaming, food and catching up.

I recently purchased the latest 40k rule set and whilst up in Brisbane on holidays we arranged to give it a run. 1500Pt Nurgle vs Dark Angels.

The board was specially made up for the day and his terrain redone to match. The board is covered in a silicon type material which proved to be very nice, the colour and texture of the board was excellent.

Anyway to the game.

We played the scouring scenario where we had to place 6 tokens each with varying victory points on them. The aim being to capture as many of the tokens and the most victory points to win. We also rolled for deployment which ended up being length ways. I was running a new list which had 16 terminators, of which all were to deep strike using the Death Wing Assault rule (i can choose to deploy on turn 1 or 2, without rolling for reserves).

The nurgle had ambush as the warlord trait allowing them to deploy the warlord and up to 3 non vehicle units using the infiltration rule.

Nurgle deploy at the end of the board with 1 squad holding an objective from the outset (we placed the objectives before rolling for deployment zones).

I deploy centrally keeping all my terminators for the deep strike.

A couple of my squads are painted, but I still working on the rest of the army.

My bikes cop fire from turn 1 and end up having to circle back around to try and reposition.

The nurgle using the infiltration rule start in vicinity of a couple of the objectives from the start, they will be difficult to budge.

The 2nd turn is where it kicked off. I decided to deep strike all 3 terminator squads - normal, Deathwing Knight and Command in the one vicinity so i could tackle the havocs and squad near an objective together. I also wanted to use the nurgle rhinos as cover from the tanks.

All the units fired using the Dark Angels Vengeful Strike Special Rule (all firing is considered twin linked on the turn they deep strike) taking down 3 Havocs and a couple of nurgle holding the jungle objective.

The first 2 squads deployed ok, but the Deathwing Knights had a mishap and ended up being deployed at a far corner, which effectively ruled this close combat only unit out of the game.

On my next turn I immediately fired on the nurgle squad holding the jungle objective and then assaulted them as they were armed with 4 x plasma and 1 x combi melta which I had been lucky to only have 1 casualty from them in the previous shooting and did not want to risk another round.

The next couple of turns swung back and forth as we battled over the central objectives. 1 tactical squad was able to hold 1 objective, the 2nd tactical squad defeated a nurgle squad to take a 2nd and my terminators captured the 3rd in the jungle.

The Deathwing Command with my Warlord was able to finish the havocs and assault a squad on the hill which it proceeded to whittle down.

The Deathwing Knights did make it back to the vicinity of the battle, but did not play any part.

My Ravenwing were able to seize one more objective on the last turn giving me a 1 victory point and the game.

Overall a great game and great day. The terminators proved to be tough and the command squad Apothecary with Narthecium made it a very tough unit indeed. I had 2-3 units which really carried the day while the Nurgle had a nibble with everything but no unit really delivered that knockout blow. I really had to rely on my heavy and special weapons to take down the toughness 5 nurgle, destroy the Havocs as early as possible before they established themselves on the hill and just tried to avoid being targeted by all the tank weapons in any 1 turn.

I do like the new rules. I don't think there were major changes but some subtle ones and re-intoroduction of variations of old ones (such as psychic phase and a variation of overwatch) which added to the game. There is a special rules section now which puts everything in one reference area (well 90% anyway).

regards
Mathew

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Re: 7Th Edition 40k Game

Postby Admin Fella » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Some more pics:

straylight
A Pony
A Pony
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Re: 7Th Edition 40k Game

Postby straylight » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 pm

It is good seeing old school preds and minis used for 7th ed. I took a vow of abstinence from 40k and haven't been remotely tempted to play, but I enjoy watching the occasional game and reading batreps. I suspect you guys aren't escalating your forces enough :lol:

thanks for posting the batrep.

stu

Return to “The Charles Bean Room”