Bolt Action Game

Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Bolt Action Game

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

My 2nd game of Bolt Action a couple of weeks ago. I quite enjoy this game and I have enjoyed collecting some 28mm which is good seeing as I never wanted to collect WWII in 2 scales......... oh well. :)

The game was Early/Mid Germans v US Marines. Not exactly historically accurate, but at least they were Americans. :)

My list is based around a recon Kampfgruppen. So Bikes (as suits early war), Armoured Car, infantry with some supporting elements to help deal with a stubborn or non by passable strong point. I did make 1 mistake in my list by taking a Infantry Gun and Pak38 ATG. Made no difference in the end, but i obviously have to change that.

I copped a decent beating in this game. My deployment and use of assets was not the best, but what really bought me unstuck was the marine airstrikes which benefited from 2 6's on both appearances! combined with a good flaming result from the Marine Engineers, my entire right flank was pinned/neutralised in the space of 2 turns. This really turned the tide against me from about turn 2 and I was just trying to make a game of it from there.

I am looking to replace the halftrack with something more useful as it is just a 89 point taxi that does not really do much when troops are unloaded. I am also looking to replace the IG with a mortar and downsize the squads a little to look at an additional armour option.

My first use of some of my terrain to, which was great after years of sitting in boxes.

Anyway to the pics:

regards
Mathew

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Re: Bolt Action Game

Post by Dropbear » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:50 am

The best thing about Bolt Action is that as the figures are based individually you can use them for different games too :D

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Definately. :)

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Post by Captain Darling » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:52 pm

Right so this is where AARs should be...uh oh...

Nice looking set of terrain and figures...for mid war get a Sdkfz 251 with a short 75mm doesn't carry many troops but the HEAT round destroys most vehicles of the time...

Cheers
Darling
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporiu ... pot.com.au
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:03 pm

I definately have to tweak the list a bit.

I am basing it on an adhoc Kamphgruppen. Primarily recon, but with a bit of hitting power for AT.