28mm Mar la Tour game

Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
fanai
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

28mm Mar la Tour game

Postby fanai » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:48 am

Here is some photos of a wonderful game held at the Brad smith wargaming parlour for our annual BIG game

The German Corp ran into the edge of the whole French army but the French were cautious and missed the opportunity to destroy the Prussian 3rd Corps

In the game the French were a little more aggressive and the Chasspots took great carnage on the Germans - We even had von Burlows deaths charge

The game was played in an excellent spirit and swayed to and frow but the French had the germans on the back foot but the germans took one last push for a draw and just missed their target- oh I hate German artillery now

The Figures are brand new to the Brad smith collection with Russ providing the some extra cav and inf
some were bought online others painted by Me Brad and Russ.

Painting is a Journey not a destination

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Re: 28mm Mar la Tour game

Postby Dropbear » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 pm

lovely collection of figures - looks like a great game was played :D

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Postby Admin Fella » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:40 am

Impressive mate, always a good day.

Chuckie
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 94

Postby Chuckie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Strange question this is, but never having wargamed in this era, is it a different style of personal/group satisfaction, to something different like WW2. It is something always wished to know as the figures are immaculate but seems alot more on the slow and strategic side. Anyway awesome photos and would one day like to see a game like that live. Cheers.

fanai
The Slab
The Slab

Postby fanai » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Chuckie - It is actually to stop us getting bored playing the 16th Kursk battle etc
with ACW and 7yw we actually played most of the battles at brigade as the lowest unit and as our eye age and more plastics are in the ranges we have gone to28mm. One of the actually said this is our last decade of major painting due to all of us being in our 50's so we are industrially painting as much as we can then for 20-30 years just playing in our airconditioned man caves.

Chuckie
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 94

Postby Chuckie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Ha, that is a great response, I like it alot. So to follow the gurus like yourselves I have 10 years up my sleeve with 20mm WW2, and somehow convince the "boss" to swap a room in the house as a man cave instead of heading off to the far corner into the shed as most likely wear out alot of slippers. Much appreciated.
Please keep the photos coming as it is really entertaining when you see your name flash up on the Battle Reports section. :D

fanai
The Slab
The Slab

Postby fanai » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:34 pm

Thanks Chuckie - the misses and I have just done some refinancing and I am building the man cave and a fully lined train room at the same time under the house,

We have actually helped the whole group a meet a certain standard( most of the time painting their stuff ourselves) so I don't own -or store the ww2 fench but Brad &I helped him get it painted. At the moment I am being dragged into painting 28mm nap - I have done them for others on commission in the 1990's but now we are doing a collection -mind you Brad picked up a huge deal for ALL our French infantry so not so hard.

We game about every school hols due to some of working or partners in the education system - so more photos after Australia day

Return to “The Charles Bean Room”