Kampfgrupe Oppeln.

Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
soapdodger

Kampfgrupe Oppeln.

Post by soapdodger » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:33 am

Last Tuesday nite's game from the D-Day book...........
Allies Dave and Phil, Germans, me and Martin.
We played this across the board. Periers ridge was simulated by the large hills at the back of the board, and were treated as level, ignoring the gaps between the hills and the undulating terrain. Any vehicle on the ridge was classed as in cover. The trees and tree bases at the rear were only scenic, and just helped to avoid that "dropping off the world" look.....

Set up............all looks quiet...

The Allies initial set up begins, including "Salty Sam", the naval observer...... :lol:

The lambs to the slaught............sorry........., I meant the initial German advance................. :lol: :lol: :lol: No Beute panzers in the collection, (well, not many..), so French AFVs doubled for them. The French markings are explained by the crew being from the Alsace region, so they have French sympathies... :)

Where the feck did that come from.......... :shock:

Oh, you mean those TD's up there......... :wink:

We'll skip a bit here, as I forgot to take any pics for a few moves...... , lots of incoming to dodge!!! The entire German gruppe was destroyed by move 4, apart from 1 S-35 (saved by a retire result on morale) and a company of infantry, who had wisely hidden in the nearby woods..........
Which led us on to.........the next German attack on move 6.....by move 7 here we are, neatly dodging the much vaunted NGS.....(pah!)

The Allies start to slowly react, pushing armour across the ridge, joined by the reinforcements...

Perhaps we should move to the next village.....?

The remaining S-35 boldly attacks again, destroying an M-10 with second heavy damage.....huzzah! Got mugged by the Stuarts later on though, and was toast... :lol:

The Germans split off with 3 tank coy's going left around the village, the other one disgraced itself, losing 1 tank and then getting a retire result.... :D . Who left that big sheet there in the pic..............??????? :rules:

The Allied armour trades shots with the advancing Panzers....

The Germans start to get the upper hand.. , and the Pioneers head for the hill.

Panzers vorwaerts................ 8)

The Germans win the battle for the comfy chair.... , having already secured the bed, and attack the piano playing Brits... (CP Models furniture is scattered throughout these ruins.....possession not counting towards victory conditions, but definately a matter of pride.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Pioneers pass the heroic, (or stupid, depending on your point of view....... ) action test, and flame the lead Sherman.....more toast. The end really for the Allies........ :(

"Game over man......", a German victory..........
On reflection the Allies have to really play asset management, and only leave enough forces to deny the initial assault, (rather than defeat it in detail) moving across the board asap to meet the next (much stronger) German assault. In particular inf need to invest the other village too, to support the armour and delay the Germans. A tough proposition for the Brits though, but a cracking game either way.

Bluewillow
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 97

Re: Kampfgrupe Oppeln.

Post by Bluewillow » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:40 am

excellent stuff!

bravo
"if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything"

http://stormandconquest.blogspot.fr/
http://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.fr/

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:38 am

cracking game indeed...are those your home brewed gun charts?..i would like to see a copy of them and try them out if that was ok..

hussarbob

Post by hussarbob » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:17 pm

WOOHOO! Looks incredible

soapdodger

Post by soapdodger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 am

Cardinal Biggles wrote:cracking game indeed...are those your home brewed gun charts?..i would like to see a copy of them and try them out if that was ok..
Didn't use them on the nite, but a copy is available in the RF2 support group file section................. :wink:
If u can't access them there I'll send you a copy direct...... :)

Cacadores

Post by Cacadores » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:55 am

Oh, and I was rooting for the Allies :-|

Good one!

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:05 am

soapdodger wrote:
Cardinal Biggles wrote:cracking game indeed...are those your home brewed gun charts?..i would like to see a copy of them and try them out if that was ok..
Didn't use them on the nite, but a copy is available in the RF2 support group file section................. :wink:
If u can't access them there I'll send you a copy direct...... :)
I don't belong there anymore, got sick of the endless repetition there and the RF group and the very very limited nature of yahoo groups, actually abandoned most I belonged to, so if you could send me an electrical copy I would be most touched..

soapdodger

Post by soapdodger » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:54 am

Okay Cardinal, on the way............ :wink: