Maltot- Churchills v Tigers

Discussion Room for BATTLE REPORTS .
soapdodger

Maltot- Churchills v Tigers

Post by soapdodger » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:51 am

A previous game I hadn't got round to posting........RF again from the NW Europe book......

The Brits lined up at the start............should have just poled it down the road, instead opted for a line abreast affair...(probably wanted to kick a football in front of them..... :blink: )

Aerial view..........

And another.....

First Nebelwerfer stonk.............

Which took almost an entire coy, Brits started to spread out..........and the Brens assault the first part of the village

Most of the action on the far left, PzIV going up in flames........6lbr deployong to the right, plus an Achilles..Brens assault the right hand side of the village.

Churchills enter the village.........and the Brens shuttle infantry forward...

Enter the Tigers, they split their advance, and the lead vehicle gets brewed by the Achilles!

Germans retreat to the Orchard, leaving just half a coy still in the village, but the lone Tiger gets heavy damage on a Churchill just behind the trees...

And that is as far as we got, move 7. Germans holding on by their fingernails to the village, and a Tiger down. The game will be played to a conclusion in the New Year, as both the Allies and Germans start to recieve reinforcements next move, and the Tiffie should be arriving also................. :grin:

Cardinal Biggles

Re: Maltot- Churchills v Tigers

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:28 am

looking forward to that, really good view of your table, love the wheat fields..

hussarbob

Post by hussarbob » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:47 am

Cool set up!

greatwhitezulu
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by greatwhitezulu » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:31 am

What I really, really like about this ( other than the terrain) is the fact that it looks right! There are just too many RF games that seem to have wall to wall armour and hardly any infantry.

Nice stuff!
No Longer The Maharajah of Golconda
But still THE Greatwhitezulu
The Liberator, The Sitting Thunder
The Bull Elephant, Breaker of Tyrants
The Cunning Leopard, Father of the Sky
Siiii-Giiii-Diiii

synicbast

Post by synicbast » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am

Irrespective of rules used, I really like that setup. I'm a 15mm guy but I look to the 20mm modellers for inspiration alot of the time. Hell most of my scratchbuild 15mm buildings are based on the stuff shown in RF1 and 2.

wargameroz
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by wargameroz » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:31 am

GWZ

you should come up one day to my place and we can have an all infantry fight in a big town if you like.

I agree there always seems to be lots of armour but it weren't always that way. At a stretch I can field 15 British infantry battalions in RF terms and if you combine FJ and infantry can put about the same against them :roll: :wink: :)

Oz
the person who dies with the most unfinished stuff
wins

Luke

Post by Luke » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Great looking game dodger..cheers.

arnhem_chris

Post by arnhem_chris » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:36 pm

GWZ,

Couldn't agree more .... it looks RIGHT ..... all to often, games are set up, with Western Front in mind as to the units involved, but then the terrain looks like the Russian Steppes!!!!! .... western front = keep the terrain busy ... doesn't have to be bocage, but then, not russia either ;)

A-C

soapdodger

Post by soapdodger » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Colin and Richard get all the credit, all we did was try to recreate the map from the book onto the table.
My table is only 7 x 6, so a little fudge factor was used to get it to fit. Then adjust the no. of game turns to take into account the smaller table