FrostGrave Figures

For all completed works!

PLEASE POST PICTURES and keep links to a minimum.
Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

FrostGrave Figures

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm

A mate and I decided to try a new game and Frostgrave it was.

We have played a few games now and have been looking at bit of a mini campaign. With that in mind I thought I would paint a few figures. The aim was a simple colour palette and getting a figures to a presentable table top standard. They were quite simple with me able to turn these out reasonably quickly (for me).

A couple of simple conversions in there namely the "knight" getting arms from the Perry War of the Roses set along with a Norman Head and the Men at Arms also getting arms from the same set. The "Hound" and Barbarian are from Mantics Dungeon Saga KS.

Possibly a game this weekend so it will be interesting to see how they go. :)

regards
Mathew

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Re: FrostGrave Figures

Post by Dropbear » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:39 am

I will be intereseted in hearing about the rules. It seems a lot of people play the game, but I haven't really seem much in the way of reviews.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Not a bad system, fairly straight forward, we have played a few games now with another planned for Saturday. What I like is to be able to pick the figures I like from any maker.

Basically initiative, then wizards for both players, apprentices, henchman in that basic order. players roll off against each other in combat. Wizard spells have different rolls required depending on type of spell etc. d20 system. Some pretty random stuff can happen especially if random monsters are included.

There is heaps of scope for expansion of the rules, development of the warbands etc, allot of potential for campaigns.

regards
Mathew

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Post by Dropbear » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Cheers.

I do like a lot of the scenery people are using for the game. It is rather inspiring.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:28 pm

I have put few pics up in the fantasy section from our Saturday game. Scenery is good and we are building our collection. In the pics it is a bit sparse I think game wise it is meant to be quite dense.

regards
Mathew