This is a barren featureless place indeed

A place to find an opponent in your area, both table top and geographical.
starkadder

This is a barren featureless place indeed

Post by starkadder » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:18 pm

I must say that, for a group of self-described hellraisin' two-fisted brawlin' hairy-chested macho action figures in thirty-two adjustable poses stick the plastic Armalite and the Semtex in here types, you are all remarkably coy about battling in fresh fields.

What if I gave out the Kardinal's street address and told you that he's always trash-talking about you? (Yes, you) Would that encourage any conflict arrangement? He has a local pub that looks a little bloodthirsty.

On the other hand I could re-orientate this rather moribund little area and run a short campaign based purely around message traffic (hidden messages, open broadcast, the lot.)

Im thinking of a Hunt the Emden done through this site. You'd comand either a vessel or a squadron. Or a land station if it's interesting. The idea would be to use LAT-LONGs and you can use your own map/GPS whatever. Contacts, weather, incidents would all be moderated by me. Time scales are elastic.

Is anyone interested?

thomo_the_lost

Re: This is a barren featureless place indeed

Post by thomo_the_lost » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:34 pm

starkadder wrote: Is anyone interested?
And a deafening silence was the stern reply! :P

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I would have thought hunting the Emden would be your sort of thing Thommo..

thomo_the_lost

Post by thomo_the_lost » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:03 pm

Been more interested in Juli Bumm Lauterbach von der Emden lately, to be honest.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:10 pm

too late to google that, you have lost me..

thomo_the_lost

Post by thomo_the_lost » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:26 pm

Captain Julius Lauterbach, the Prize Officer of the Emden. The guy who led the British a merry chase from Singapore, through Indonesia, Shanghai, Japan, the USA and on to Germany.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:44 am

of course , he was on the telly last Saturday night...the Danzig tonight

starkadder

Post by starkadder » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:50 am

Lauterbach was indeed amazing. I was not permitted to watch the ABC thingy (I believe the synchronised ribbon gymnastic 10 metre diving dressage event was on at the time) but I remember him well.

A very jolly chap from memory.

starkadder

Post by starkadder » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:53 am

And Lauterbach's supply vessel (I'm sorry I can't remember it's name ) would be part of the whole hunting exercise.

Cousin Thommo, surely you relish the idea of blowing up ships full of prostitutes and drunken Russian sailors lying at anchor?

thomo_the_lost

Post by thomo_the_lost » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:27 am

starkadder wrote:Cousin Thommo, surely you relish the idea of blowing up ships full of prostitutes and drunken Russian sailors lying at anchor?
Blowing them up -- why, it wouldn't be the ships that were .... er a cheap vodka and a good sou'wester ... what else could a man ask for?