Magazines ...the paper type

Plush chairs, maps , light tables and sand trays, efficent WAAFs and crusty Admirals , curtained windows and scrambled phones...the place to talk about the annual big game and those sort of events...and all the recruiting and planning of such
paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Magazines ...the paper type

Postby paintpig » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:22 am

I don't know what is going on exactly but my local News Agent has had a clear out. It was slightly unusual that the local had WarGames Illustrated and Miniature Wargames to start with but I wasn't complaining. However on my last visit I was slightly taken aback (more than slightly), over half of the magazine rack was missing and of course this included my usual fare, not that I purchase all that often but I do hand over some readies if something catches my interest. On enquiring I found it wasn't the News Agent that had denuded the hobby and craft section but the distributor cum wholesaler. I was slightly miffed by this news as I have to be quick to procure a copy of these magazines (assuming they had something of interest to me) because they disappear off the shelves pretty quickly, the helpful "paper folder" lackey could shed no more light on the subject and I'm left wondering. :roll:

It has to be said that I find WI less than interesting on the whole and a permanent separation was in the offing, and I have long been a MW part timer (although in the past their 18thC articles were useful and often), so now I'm left with little to do while waiting for my scripts to be filled! Has anyone else noticed the passing of these pamphlets from the local News Agent shelves?

It's not all bad, at least my Wargames Soldiers and Strategy subscription is proving to be a value for money investment. Praise the lord! :D
regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles

greatwhitezulu
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Re: Magazines ...the paper type

Postby greatwhitezulu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am

Haven't noticed that in the local newsagent as yet. But yes, they do sell out quickly. Never seen WI in the ocal, but I parted with them ages ago. Am a part timer on MW depending on subject matter.
No Longer The Maharajah of Golconda
But still THE Greatwhitezulu
The Liberator, The Sitting Thunder
The Bull Elephant, Breaker of Tyrants
The Cunning Leopard, Father of the Sky
Siiii-Giiii-Diiii

Return to “The Chiefs of Staff Lounge”