MOAB 2007 Big Game

Plush chairs, maps , light tables and sand trays, efficent WAAFs and crusty Admirals , curtained windows and scrambled phones...the place to talk about the annual big game and those sort of events...and all the recruiting and planning of such
Cardinal Biggles

MOAB 2007 Big Game

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:28 am

These are pics from the Big Game . first time we of the KGK have put on a display game. My intention was to attract more peole to our club..which doesn't seem to have happened! We had a lot of fun..Nearly all the figures are Valiant and the vehichles and guns are a mix of Raventhorpe, Italeri, Hasegawa, Hat and Britannia.
more soon[/img]

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:36 am

That was a nice game! The setup and game play gave it a very "intense" feel which i thought was great. :)

Bluewillow
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 97

Post by Bluewillow » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:07 pm

yep it looked perfect to me when i called in for a chat, you should do a how to for your tea leaf hedges for us Kendo.

cheers
matt
"if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything"

http://stormandconquest.blogspot.fr/
http://kampfgruppewillow.blogspot.fr/

uriah heep

Post by uriah heep » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:27 pm

nice pics and game

dont worry about new members i have run a club for 17 years keep advertiseing the games go to shows as and when you can its called the drip process it works

give it time new members will come long also a good way of generating new members do a charity game get into the local paper i have had tons of new members over the years that way

hope that helps

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:25 am

uriah heep wrote:nice pics and game

dont worry about new members i have run a club for 17 years keep advertiseing the games go to shows as and when you can its called the drip process it works

give it time new members will come long also a good way of generating new members do a charity game get into the local paper i have had tons of new members over the years that way

hope that helps
Mate we had a frigg'n good time. two days of very involved fighting and both sides morale collapsed in the samre turn..and I painted a lot, a shed load , of nice figures and vehicles . pics of which i will post up as we go.. it was a greatT event and next year will be bigger..

uriah heep

Post by uriah heep » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:12 am

sounds good to me im building up a waterloo project in 28mm im well on with it now have just done qutra bras in 1 to 20 scale about 5,500 figs

eventually im aiming to do waterloo 1 to 20 scale about 15,000 figs table will be about 70 feet long im gona try and raise some money for charity when i do the game

im panting up figs and selling them to raise money to do it at the mo iv about 6,500 painted and about another 3,500 to paint iv just been offered aload of calpe figs for painting a load of prussians up

i have painted aload of stuff up for a lad in australia and got a ton of figs for painting his austrains

Cardinal Biggles

some more

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:37 pm

a bit of excitement around the German HQ
Grant took this one and we think it was the shot of the game..Valiant infantry, Queens hussar building? Hat sherman and Raventhorpe M10 being toasted..
and this is the 1944 version
and the arty After the Goldrush version
Scots Greys appear on the German flank
Hat sherman, Raventhorpe SC 1/2 track and carriers Skytrex stuarts Valiant infantry
Ace 150 mm gun Valiant crew, you can always count on gamers getting guns into places you the moderator of the game never intended them to go..it is an infantry position boys! they didn't last long..
the very masculine Raventhorpe gunners being encouraged by a Valiant officer, with a bit of an advertising logo thing going on behind them! ACE guns
Valiant Brits buggerising around in one of my scratch built hedge rows...all manner of bad things were in store for them
italeri 25lbers, a Britannia and rest Raventhorpe crew, with a valiant officer encouraging from the side
Raventhorpe carrier and 6lber with a Valiant crew having a bit of a moment

uriah heep

Post by uriah heep » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:27 pm

really nice was this a historical battle or a made up sernario ?

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:41 pm

made up...a brigade of scotsmen , with an attached tank regiment and a regiment of artillery attacked, and defended ove two days a motley collection of Germans, both sides morale totally collapsed in the same turn..
Last edited by Cardinal Biggles on Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:42 pm

the German HQ
Recce troop a find a dead end
Pack 38/97 . did it for both M10s
Battn HQ, Valiant and Raventhorpe
bad morning for the Stugs
and that's it for now , one more batch to come

uriah heep

Post by uriah heep » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:04 pm

i bet that was fun watchign them colapse was it played at a show ?

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:04 pm

Yep...actually I missed it...I was very strung out at the time, got back from the bring and buy and it was all over..