Day 1 Pictures- A Bridge Too Far Game 13/9/2008

Plush chairs, maps , light tables and sand trays, efficent WAAFs and crusty Admirals , curtained windows and scrambled phones...the place to talk about the annual big game and those sort of events...and all the recruiting and planning of such
Tyberius
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Day 1 Pictures- A Bridge Too Far Game 13/9/2008

Postby Tyberius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:07 pm

This year we got a great secure training room and set up 15m of the Bridge Too Far game before we ran out of table. (We were able to play the Bridge Too Far movie in the background)

Bridge Mad

We had enough terrain left over to extend the Arnhem end and the 1st Brit Parra drop, but alas no tables left over.

XXX corp end of the games table

Arnhem end of the games table

The Parratroops arrive

XXX Corp make a move

More bridge mad

Germans near the Son bridge

Back at Arnhem - Nothing out here

Or here

Parra arriving at Arnhem

XXX Corp being held up

Air support arrives

Germans over running the Glider drop zone

Over View
I'd like to thank everyone for their participation today. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

This year saw the 101st and the 82nd US Parratroopers do very well. The 1st British airborne also secured the Northern end of the Arnhem bridge with some glider borne artillery. All the paratroopers are in a good position to withstand any assault tomorrow.

Tomorrow will determine if XXX Corp arrives on time. The Son bridge was blown and XXX Corp will have to secure the river side and build a bailey bridge.

Cheers Ty
The chickens have come home to roost,
But they are not ....... chickens
They are ....... Emus

Tyberius

Bluewillow
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 97

Re: Day 1 Pictures- A Bridge Too Far Game 13/9/2008

Postby Bluewillow » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 pm

looks good mate, pity I couldn't be there this year.

cheers
matt
"if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything"

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:05 am

Ty,,excellent you blokes are an ornament to the hobby

evadestruction
A Middy
A Middy

Postby evadestruction » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 am

Ill post this on each Bridge thread as A thank you To those involved

thanks to Ty , Mick and Tony for all their work..and to anyone else I may have missed

Ty this was the best one yet...

Mick...top location...happy to game here again if at all possible.

I gotta say this venue was so nice I was able to get thru the first day without tiring, although by mid afternoon next day I was stuffed, but a lot to do with not sleeping the night between because I was thinking about the game and what would happen next day...good stuff

even a tank battle simulator on standby.

Ty my job was done on day one...taking the bridge was sweet bliss....

doesnt matter you fought your way back the next day..

I gotta say Ty thanks for changing sides for a while while I was "missing in action" and taking out Mitchell's Tiger ..after i fired 4 shots with my two 17 pounders and missed...I am sure Mitchell was not impressed when his own commander temporarily switched sides and took out his beloved tiger.

overal the best of the 3 years of gaming this...

great location,great food,[thanks to those who supplied] and great game...

anyone not there you truley missed something.

now its just back to reorganising my gear I took to the game back into my boxes for my games...

Haakon

Postby Haakon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 am

My thanks to all concerned. It was a very enjoyable weekend gaming and not a cross word was heard.

Good food, fine coke and excellent company.

Nijmegan Bridge
My failure to setup all my troops on Day 1 turned into a devilishly cunning ruse when the 82nd met minimal resistance and succeeded in over running the Nijmegan bridge. So successful was the 82nd Airborne on Day 1 that they could well have broken through to the Arnhem bridge with a bit more luck. However, this success meant that everything crossed the bridge heading to Arnhem and neglected to leave anyone on the XXXth Corps side of the Nijmegan bridge. Early on Day 2 the 10th SS entered the table and captured the southern end of the bridge. They then deployed a lone StuG which spent most of the day patrolling back and forth across the bridge to make sure the 82nd paras stayed on the other side of the bridge. More Germans entered from the other side of the table and by the time the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment landed all their landing zones were swept by German fire. Consequently they were anihilated.

Terrible to see such beautifully painted figures toasted like that. On a positive note the Germans managed to keep the lights burning on the bridge even when the Yanks had control of it.

Cacadores
A Schooner
A Schooner

Postby Cacadores » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:43 am

Nice one - looks like great fun

Return to “The Chiefs of Staff Lounge”