Introduction

Introduce yourself, say hello, or engage in a Tavern Foyer chit chat!
Cardinal Biggles

Introduction

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:24 pm

Hello I am Chris Kendrick, born 1955, one of the esteemed administrators of this forum, long time wargamer and alter ego of the very outgoing but somehwat shy Conrad Hawkwood. I have been collecting miniatures since the searly seventies and playing since 1975...I have played pretty much everythinhg since then...Conrad says much the same. I live in the inner city of the Sydney area and play at the Cumberland Association at Annandale on the 2nd Sunday of the month and socially as well. this is an old photo of Conrad from the GWP forum where you were obliged to post a picture of yourself..he is wearing the GWP club fez, a concept that appeals to me..what sort of silly hat should we adopt?
since writing this I have relocated to Cardinal Cottage in the throbbing metropolis of Marulan NSW
Last edited by Cardinal Biggles on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:35 am, edited 11 times in total.

Virgil

Post by Virgil » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:06 pm

Hello Chris Kendrick, I am Bradley van Luyt AKA Virgil. I got the nickname after having to many things tied to me with string on a chocco exercise. I am not as old as Kendo but no longer qualify or Contiki tours. I live in the Shire and have wargamed on and off since I was a kid. I started with 1/32 scale Airfix soldiers, made a lot of 1/72 scale aircraft then ventured into the world of military modelling (and wargaming with rules etc) in the early 80s. I'm pretty much stuck in the 20mm WW2 world but I dally in 15mm FPW, 1/600 WW2 Coastal and too much CoD2 into the wee small hours. I can't remember the last time I rolled a dice.

Cheerio,
Virg.

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:07 pm

hmm

names Ben (duuh) I'm 21 (well 20 but 2 months doesn't count does it?)

Been playing games since year 6 and really haven't improved in the 10 years since. I'm usually found playing at Sydney Uni on friday nights or Tinnies on a thursday. ATM I'm playing Babylon 5 and Warmachine but dealing in HYW French and Napoleonics. I've got Flames but haven't played with my italians or romanians for a while now.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Ben wrote:hmm

names Ben (duuh) I'm 21 (well 20 but 2 months doesn't count does it?)

Been playing games since year 6 and really haven't improved in the 10 years since. I'm usually found playing at Sydney Uni on friday nights or Tinnies on a thursday. ATM I'm playing Babylon 5 and Warmachine but dealing in HYW French and Napoleonics. I've got Flames but haven't played with my italians or romanians for a while now.
Where about do the Sydney Uni people meet on Friday night?

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:35 pm

Hello All, I am Mathew, 34 years old and residing at Victoria Point, Brisbane, Australia. I started my collecting life with 1/72 kits as a young fella, fell out of it at around 18 and only just fell back in again. My collections are very "thin" by average standards, but i am working on them slowly. I enjoy the historical communities and when "moonlighting" with BattleScape i enjoy talking and admiring all things historical and being continually amazed by the knowledge, stories and themes people wargame out there.

Beersheba

Good Idea!

Post by Beersheba » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:54 pm

G'day All! What a Great Idea this forum is!!! Who thught of it??

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:03 pm

Kendo...a few of us (last friday there were 6 of us) play Warmachine (and flames) starting at 6-10pm. Its a select group chosen from the regulars from tinnies thursdays. Next week is the last week then they're all going to be comming over to my place where I have lots of space and tables.

Cardinal Biggles

Re: Good Idea!

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Beersheba wrote:G'day All! What a Great Idea this forum is!!! Who thught of it??
It might have occurred to me but also to others , a much liked pommie forum collapsed so we thought if the soapdogers can do so can we..

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:20 pm

thanks Ben but where actually is the location of your ultimate meeting, I live nearby..and have a reasonablr knowledge of Sydney Uni..

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:23 pm

umm....hmm....

Its at the bottom of Holme Building. Footbridge theatre.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:45 pm

ok I am with you..might drop by, might not..

Phantom Agent

new membr

Post by Phantom Agent » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:07 pm

hello all
Grant Tighe here 46, Leichhardt Sydney, a long time painter, figure junkie, player of all sorts of games, a friend Kendo, aka Conrad, for years. Love the hobby. First memories are sitting in my back kitchen, probably about 1966, with a pack of the airfix union cavalry and trying to put them onto the bases..

Grant

thomo_the_lost

Post by thomo_the_lost » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:57 pm

KendoHawkwood wrote:
Beersheba wrote:G'day All! What a Great Idea this forum is!!! Who thught of it??
It might have occurred to me but also to others , a much liked pommie forum collapsed so we thought if the soapdogers can do so can we..
What? You thought that if the Soapdodgers can collapse so can we?

Now given your ample girth, that would be a mighty collapse :D

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:13 pm

thomo_the_lost wrote:
KendoHawkwood wrote:
What? You thought that if the Soapdodgers can collapse so can we?

Now given your ample girth, that would be a mighty collapse :D
Now Thommo pots calling kettles black and picking up my ambiguities of grammer...good to see you found us ...how is Ulan Bator,? please post up whatever you like, within reason of course..we aren't going to collapse just yet.. must work on a Blogs link so we can broaden your most eclectic readership..will get onto it..we don't have any ship bars organised yet, maybe a good move?

thomo_the_lost

Post by thomo_the_lost » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:19 pm

KendoHawkwood wrote: Now Thommo pots calling kettles black and picking up my ambiguities of grammer...good to see you found us ...how is Ulan Bator,? please post up whatever you like, within reason of course..we aren't going to collapse just yet.. must work on a Blogs link so we can broaden your most eclectic readership..will get onto it..we don't have any ship bars organised yet, maybe a good move?
Ulaanbaatar is cooling at the moment (what's Rangoon to you is Grafton to me) but I am back working in Saudi Arabia for my sins. I will be back to Oz for Chrissie and New Year however and will attempt to ensure that I manage to drop in for a barbie (along with partner of course).

Doyle is resettling in the west - drop him a line at his Tesco email address.

I linked SHASPH in Thomo's Hole.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:23 pm

good man . we must put up a warmaster bash and a barbie and ....will you be with your Mongloian partner? she is in for an eye opening experience with regards to the Redfern chippendale location, though there are a lot of trains near by and I expect that will help her feel at home..

Ben

Post by Ben » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 pm

KendoHawkwood wrote:ok I am with you..might drop by, might not..
may as well drop by...its just we play under the shadow of Sutekh...bunch of tools that they are (get it that I don't like'em!) may as well pop in and say hello around 7ish this friday should find Boots, myself and Rob (I think you've met'em not sure) playing.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:35 pm

Ben wrote:
KendoHawkwood wrote:ok I am with you..might drop by, might not..
may as well drop by...its just we play under the shadow of Sutekh...bunch of tools that they are (get it that I don't like'em!) may as well pop in and say hello around 7ish this friday should find Boots, myself and Rob (I think you've met'em not sure) playing.
can't guarantee it but might be there...

janner

Post by janner » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi,

Stephen Bennett from Richmond, London - known to some on RF2support but by as Janner elsewhere.

Main interests are WW2 - 20mm 1944 and Winter War, 28mm Winter War.

Regards,

Stephen

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:33 pm

great to meet you mate post freely!

Panzerfaust200

Post by Panzerfaust200 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:03 pm

hi all...

Rob Rowell (online everywhere as panzerfaust200) residing in the leicestershire countryside! (UK)

my wargaming was a late teens thing, i started as a modeller with airfix and the much preferred matchbox at a young age in the 70's... a flirtation with 1/300th ww2 micro armour led to gaming in general (i remember the heady days of the Games Workshop store in Birmingham and it actually stocked games by other people... :roll:
this is where i bought my first copy of avalon hill's squad leader... 8) from then on i was hooked!!!
1/35th scale modelling followed, and then GW corporate gaming (ahhh wombled helmetted space marines!)
after Uni i returned to wargaming as an excuse to make models again in small scale... joined a local club where i'm still a member.
Various writing/reviews led me to step up as the Society of 20thCentury Wargamers (SOTCW) Journal editor, for what was a (IMHO :wink: ) some of the best produced - but ultimatly the f*cking slowest/latest issues they ever did! ... real life work and journal editing does not mix! :oops:

was a mod on the famed "elheim" 20mm forum,
then following its demise moved as admin to showcase20 (which died due to the host xorbit being a pile o's*te)
which ultimatly was reborn as "The Guild" (shameless plug - http://theguild.informe.com/index.php ) where i am one of the founding admins!

gaming interests currently are...
20mm WW2 (RF - late war german player - more volksturm that King Tiger)
Necromunda
40K in 40 mins
Full Thrust (GZG spaceship combat)
wild west gunfighters

rob. :D

an example of my tat... 28mm walker converted to 20mm vunder veapon! :wink:

Panzerkampfriese Sdkfz.667 "Wotan"

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 pm

good to see you Rob, plug the guild all you want...more contact the better imho, those walker are very impressive..

Panzerfaust200

Post by Panzerfaust200 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:36 pm

Cheers Mate... it turned out Ok, and was a quick project for me (about a week!)
my problem is i like starting stuff... and finishing stuff... its the bit in the middle that i have problems with... LOL!

rob. :D

G

Post by G » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:30 am

Hi all,

George or G, another soapdodger I'm afraid. Currently studenting in Bristol and trying to help promote our hobby by running the wargaming part of the Gamesoc.

Some may remember me as a newish member of Elhiem before it went and a regular on the GWP. Will probably be popping up on more forums from now on (previously stuck to one to try and keep some painting time!) to avoid forum disappearus which seems to follow me :( .

G

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:01 am

George, it is great to see you here, this is only day two so we still haven't got the juggernaut rolling quite as fast as I would like, post away..