A 'trading pool' ?

Introduce yourself, say hello, or engage in a Tavern Foyer chit chat!
Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

A 'trading pool' ?

Post by Dropbear » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:45 am

I didnt know how best to describe it, but I had a thought (which I stole from a post made by someone else on TMP :twisted: ) :

Is anyone interested in a 'trading pool' - the idea is a person puts something they do best up for trade, and if someone else is interested in what they do/make, then they can trade for something that person isn't so good at doing.

Example: Person A makes some great scenics - be they hills or tree or what ever, but doesnt have the time to paint figures.

Person B can knock through painting in next to no time, but never seems to have enough hills or trees.

So Person A & B come to an arrangement where A makes hills and trees for B, and B paints figures for A in return.

The details of the arrangement are agreed to by the parties involved before any work goes ahead.

Would this work?

I am thinking a post would be made in the trading area, with a person posting photographs of what they can make or their painting style, with what they are looking for underneath in return.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Re: A 'trading pool' ?

Post by Admin Fella » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 am

I think this could work. Maybe best would be to put up post WTT: Scenics for figures or such and see how you go as per your example. :)

fanai
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Re: A 'trading pool' ?

Post by fanai » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 pm

dropbear it is something that already happens with my group already as I am the painter/modeller - bt my friends are master 'procurers' who seem to find the kit we all want and always buy 1 for themselves and 1 for me and that is the fee to paint them
has brought about a large collection in the group without too much duplication ( except for mark and I having a large british and german nw europe collection which we accidently started at the same time years ago)
Ian
Painting is a Journey not a destination