Flames of War Status

For all WWII Discussion
Ken1967
a Shandy
a Shandy
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 95

Flames of War Status

Post by Ken1967 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:36 am

I'm interested to see how FoW is doing around the traps.

Here in Canberra, its pretty much collapsed as a tournament game in our regular group - most players are equally divided between V3 and V4. Most people I've spoken to are divesting their collection, including me. Its not the game I came to love - and is targeting a much younger, and new demographic who are comfortable using cards.

That said, we have players who want to play, and Its going to be difficult to get momentum going again in the short term, and in the website update this week Battlefront announced closure of their Forum which sent the community into a frenzy.

I'm keen to see new life breathed into the game for sake of those players that wish to stay the course.

Chuckie
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 94

Re: Flames of War Status

Post by Chuckie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Interesting development. Wonder if it is to do with the move to broaden horizons. I see that 28mm is going very strong along with Cold War etc. I am still enjoying 20mm WW2, although recently see to have an eagerness for small scale modern war.

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Post by Dropbear » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:37 am

Chuckie wrote:Interesting development. Wonder if it is to do with the move to broaden horizons. I see that 28mm is going very strong along with Cold War etc. I am still enjoying 20mm WW2, although recently see to have an eagerness for small scale modern war.
I play skirmish games almost exclusively these days, and I am starting to do 15mm rather than 28mm or 20mm, simply because it is cheaper and I don't need as much room.

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Post by Captain Darling » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:36 pm

I’ve never heard good reviews from gamers I meet about FOW and I often see rules sets cheap at the bring and buy tables so I think that speaks volumes.

But I’m not an authority on rules I like TW&T for my WW II skirmish games in 1/56 for gawds sake...

Lastly I’ve always been interested in trying these skirmish rules...Combat Starring Vic Morrow...you don’t have a force you have a cast and don’t buy your troops you hire said cast...sounds a hoot :D

http://freewargamesrules.wikia.com/wiki ... ic_Morrow!
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporiu ... pot.com.au
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com

pbeccas
a Shandy
a Shandy
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 99

Post by pbeccas » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:29 pm

I’m in Perth. A small group of us started playing again at home. Haven’t played since the end of v1. Really enjoying the game again.