Black Tree would like your help

For all WWII Discussion
btdjohnno
a Shandy
a Shandy
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Black Tree would like your help

Post by btdjohnno » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 am

I would like to introduce myself. I am John Olsen, President of Black Tree Design. This is my first time on The Rum Corpstavern.

I have been actively involved in the Miniatures Business for over 30 years (ouch!) and have recently taken over the reins at BTD. We have an enormous range of Miniatures and are looking to the future. We are planning a great deal of expansion in 2015 and I would like your help. We have a hefty WWII Range, what should we add? Anything particular you would really like to see? Your thoughts and suggestions would be really appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John Olsen
btdjohnno@blacktreedesign.com

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Re: Black Tree would like your help

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:43 am

Welcome mate.

I collect your figures for my own developing collection, Germans and Russian Naval Infantry. Off the top of my head, I would like to see some of the incomplete ranges expanded. The Russian Naval Infantry being an example. Great figures and I prefer to use one make when doing a collection, but at this stage I have to look elsewhere to finish the force off.

regards
Mathew

Qman
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 95

Post by Qman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:14 am

HI thanks for taking the time seeking feed back.

I have a large collection of your ww2 figures. As admin fellow has mentioned it would be great to see some ranges either expanded or filled out. ie: British light mortar, field support guns etc.

as a suggestion i feel that the pictures on your web page does no justice to the figures themselves. perhaps you could looking updating your images / web page.

i have a extensive collection of your British, German and US. when you update your range it would be great if you could match if at all possible sculpting heights etc.

on a side note. i am the admin for the Austrailia New Zealand Chain of Command (86 memebers) and Australia and New Zealand Bolt Action face book (500+ memebers) groups. if you are on facebook please let me knwo and and we can arrange for you to join.
Qmanqaming painting services.

btdjohnno
a Shandy
a Shandy
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Post by btdjohnno » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:12 am

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Expanding the incomplete ranges is one of our top priorities. For example we only have Riflemen and SMGers for the Italians & French and will will be doing something about it. We have some new releases planned for the Polish next year. You mention the Russian Naval Infantry – do you have any other suggestions? Anything you think is a 'must have'?

Hi Schooner,

I agree with you on the Web photos. We are working on a new Website and will launch early in the New Year. Sorting the photos is on the cards. It's a huge job but the journey of a 1000 photos begins with a single... It will take time bit it is absolutely necessary.

Matching heights will be addressed. With the infantry it will be quite straightforward. The Cavalry will match in the Cavalry sections. Large items will present a problem and we may have to include a 28mm figure in the photo to show scale.

Our Facebook page is also scheduled for early next year. We will definitely be joining!

Thanks again for all the thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers
John

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 pm

I think the Russian Naval Infantry need the figures to make a complete force. Such as ATR Team etc.

I must admit I am not sure what is historically accurate for them, just that the popularity of any force is based o gaming, so they need to meet that end I think. :)

regards
Mathew