Australian Armour: Which Goes with What?

For all WWII Discussion
oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 95

Australian Armour: Which Goes with What?

Post by oozeboss » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:24 pm

I am currently developing a project to investigate the comparative playability of the Bolt Action and Chain of Command rules sets and lists. The Grated Monster Plan is to host a 1000pt game of BA for non WW2 gamers using Japanese and Australians, and to then use precisely the same figures in a CoC game (for the same players). The armies will be equal value according to their respective lists, and I am planning to set up a site featuring these games as a kind of road test (although Track Test may be a more appropriate term vis-à-vis Kokoda).

As I am currently smitten with the 1942 Papuan campaign, Part 1 of my little idiosyncratic exercise (which my son has already labelled Chain of Bolts) is going to be based somewhere around the interlinked Buna - Sananada - Gona battles which ended the 1942 campaigns (or Gobunanda, as I like to think of it).

The Australian orbats will include a section of 2 Universal Carriers (five vehicles were obliterated supporting infantry attacking Buna as faux armour) and a Stuart Mk3 (tanks of 2/6th Armoured Regt were spectacularly successful initially at Buna, before being shot to pieces both later in that battle and while charging up the Sanananda Road).

I have read that Company B do a pretty schmik 1/56 scale Australian modified M3 Stuart so that very much looks the go. My quandary lies in getting Bren Carriers which will be both equally good looking & in scale with the Stuart. Does anybody have any idea which make of carriers would look best fielded alongside said Stuart (and a combination of Wartime Miniatures infantry, Artizan infantry and 25pdr gun, & Perry Brothers infantry & MMG)?
"We are all worms.
But I do believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Re: Australian Armour: Which Goes with What?

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:19 pm

AGN Vehicles are nicely proportioned, they may work well.

regards
Mathew

oozeboss
A Pony
A Pony
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 95

Re: Australian Armour: Which Goes with What?

Post by oozeboss » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:20 am

They're certainly worthy of consideration.

Thanks for the head's up.
"We are all worms.
But I do believe that I am a glow-worm."

Winston Churchill