Brisbane Muster WW2 Air participation game

To discuss all those Naval and Aviation matters from "Killer" Caldwell to the "Scrap Iron Flotilla".
paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Brisbane Muster WW2 Air participation game

Post by paintpig » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 am

Run by Lawrence of the Gamer Guild was this delightful WW2 Air Combat game (jeez I hope I got that right, he's a big bloke).
If there are any naval and air war players in Brissy reading he's on the lookout for a game. :)

I'll admit I didn't think these would turn out as there is such a small area to focus on :o

regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles

Bluewillow2

Re: Brisbane Muster WW2 Air participation game

Post by Bluewillow2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:02 pm

neat, what rules did they use WOW or something else?

cheers
matt

paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Post by paintpig » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:40 pm

TFL rules, I think they were Catch the Hun or Bag the Hun, they looked like a fun set from what I could see.
regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles

b20f08

Post by b20f08 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi. Sorry I haven't been so active as I'd like to. Thanks again for the pics; they really do show up my lack of painting skills.
The ruleset I'm using are BTH v2 by TFL.
I am hoping to get an Aces of Aces League commencing in Jan 2013. It'll run for about six/seven months initially, to cater for those learning the game (the ruleset is quite easy to use while retaining that flavour of realism). League registration is already open and three people from my gaming club have shown interest in participating. But I am throwing this open to anyone in the Brisbane-GC-Sunshine Coast region. There is a draft Players Pack available, although I hope to have the final official PP out by the end of the month.
If anyone is interested in having a bit of fun whilst reliving fave periods of the air war in WW2, then you're welcome to give it a go. Just PM and I'll supply all of the details.
Plans are in the offing to run the Korean War next League season, which hasn't really been tied down yet. It'll be sorted out after the Inaugural season has finished.
Cheers. Lawrence.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 am

Looked good mate. At least you have painted them all, which is much more than i can say for any of my collections. :)

b20f08

Post by b20f08 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Admin Fella wrote:Looked good mate. At least you have painted them all, which is much more than i can say for any of my collections. :)
Somehow that aspect of modelling never seems to change for me too. I was fortunate I caught myself in a 'painting' frame of mind at the time. I still have several flights of British and German planes to finish off. :D

b20f08

Post by b20f08 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:36 am

Hi all. As I mentioned earlier I'm trying to get an airwargaming league started for 2013. From the BIG Muster there were expressions of interest from a couple of attendees. I'd just like to say that the League registration is now open. You can PM me for details as well as player's pack. Thanks.

EDIT: Happy NY all!. Unfortunately interest in the proposed Aces of Aces League has fallen through with the deadline passing and noone registering - even though there was an enthusiastic response not long after the BIG Muster.
Nevertheless, in spite of such a setback, I am still pressing ahead with rescheduling this League start for later on this year (around Sep/Oct).
1. Firstly, a revised Players Pack will be made available in the next few weeks via a link.
2. Games can be played either with hex mats or hexless mats. I personally prefer the latter but have a hexless mat. I will provide a link to obtain hexless templates for movement and turning that can be printed out. Hex size will be 1.5 inch.
3. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to post a reply here first.
:mrgreen: