Anybody in NSW into 1:1200 Napoleonic Naval?

To discuss all those Naval and Aviation matters from "Killer" Caldwell to the "Scrap Iron Flotilla".
Sparker

Anybody in NSW into 1:1200 Napoleonic Naval?

Post by Sparker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:42 am

Hi All,

Just trying to get a handle on how popular this is down under. I've only just ordered my copy of Trafalgar and my first set of ships, so am a complete newbie...

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Re: Anybody in NSW into 1:1200 Napoleonic Naval?

Post by Dropbear » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:46 am

Not in NSW, but a big fan of Napoleonic Naval games.

Originally started with "wooden ships and iron men" in the early 90s, and now use the Too Fat Lardies rules "Kiss Me Hardy".

I have the Trafalgar rules in the mail simply as a painting guide for the fleet that is coming with it.

arnhem_chris

Post by arnhem_chris » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Sparker,

I am indeed a fan of Napoleonic Naval .... but I use 1/2400th Hallmark/Regal .... I have French, Spanish, British and American fleets ..... 200+ in all, and have the packs to start some Dutch and Danish fleets also .... I use the "Form Line Of Battle" rules, but also am keen in getting into the KMH (Kiss Me Hardy) rules from toofatlardies .... I own numerous other sets of rules also for the period (show me a gamer who doesn't for their period/s! LOL)

Regards

Chris (in NSW ... Shire)

rct75001
A Middy
A Middy
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Post by rct75001 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:13 pm

i have quirte a few langton ships - but only two painted - trouble is I want to rigg them and that takes so bloody long/

i am also hoping that trafalgar rules would be "quick"er than the Clear for Action ones i had

richard

Sparker

Post by Sparker » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks guys, a fair level of interest in Sydney then...My Langton's arrived, they are beauties but I do want to take my time with them and do them justice.

Friendly Fire

Post by Friendly Fire » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Played wooden ships and Iron Men a little in the past but I seem to have a talent for blowing up so I stuck to the land. Still naval warfare is generally neglected in most periods I find. Damn shame really, I remember seeing an episode of the New Avengers in which they had a table covered in model ships, recreating Trafalgar I think it was.