wasent sure where to put this

Where you can chat and talk about everything not historical!
uriah heep

wasent sure where to put this

Post by uriah heep » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:24 pm

this is one of several scratch built 40k tanks iv made over the years if you want to move it i dont mind

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:51 am

Nice work. :)

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:09 pm

i might move it to the Doom room

rayjano

Post by rayjano » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:36 pm

Look better than some of the official models that have far too high a profile and no ballistically sloped armour.

And to boot, the driver's seat is on the correct side!!

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:53 pm

yes, the 40k world seems to have their tanks designed by the same people who did the pre war brit stuff, I suppose a leman russ would be an A209 or something like that

rayjano

Post by rayjano » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Cardinal Biggles wrote:yes, the 40k world seems to have their tanks designed by the same people who did the pre war brit stuff, I suppose a leman russ would be an A209 or something like that
I see you agree. It's quite disappointing when you read the great introduction to their book on Imperial Armour. They talk about how intriqued and inspired they are by the Bovington Museum, and then they designed WWI tanks with high exposed tracks in a ultra modern setting. Strange?

But then I shouldn't be too critical because I don't play the table top version of the game at all. I don't know what fantasy technology that they are trying to embody. On the other hand, the Battletech tanks generally do look the part of ultra modern vehicles.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:26 pm

I play a most entertaining gversion of the game...see the WWW thread in the club lounge...I have picked up a 1/48 KV II for 18 bucks which I intend to kit bash into a Valhallan assault tank, If I can get some cheap SUs I might fiddle around with them...much better tanks than the Empire are capable of!!

red_bug_eyed_monsters

Heresy!

Post by red_bug_eyed_monsters » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:06 pm

The Emperor protects all that serve!

The Inquisition or their earthly agents (GDW or FW) will track you down for these lies!

(Well actually the Human stuff does look like it was designed by a 8 year old but the Tau stuff does look cool!)

Cheers

RBEM
Tau stuff, in the words of year 8 , looks way cool

uriah heep

Post by uriah heep » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:19 am

thanks for your comments iv just found this again sorry for not replying