FrostGrave

Where you can chat and talk about everything not historical!
Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

FrostGrave

Postby Admin Fella » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Mate and I had a game of Frostgrave on Saturday.

Table all laid out and I decided to get the geekness in full swing with the old D&D movie to help set the mood. The board and figures are still a work in process, but we are getting there and it is all looking better each game we play.

Basic mission of the game was to get as many of the 7 treasure token off the board as you can. These were randomly placed. As an addition there were 6 necromancer apprentices with a skeleton. 2 would come on a random board edge each turn and their mission was to also get the treasure either unclaimed or trying to stop us getting getting them off. These were played by my 2 young fellas.

Our first few games of this were just about battling it out, but this time we focused more on the mission as there was a real chance the necromancers would overwhelm us and neither of us would win. It was interesting as telekinesis was the dominating spell used which upon a successful spell check you could move any treasure token within line of sight up to 6 inches. A real advantage to help collect the treasure as quickly as possible. You had to use a figure to carry the treasure off and once off the figure was gone to. So between carrying treasure off and any battle casualties we got weaker as the game went on, but the necromancers respawned so were a constant issue.

The necromancers were only apprentices so not very strong and neither are the skeletons, but as a mob they were effective and we both lost of came close to loosing our strongest fighters to them.

The game played out very well, it swung back and forth with the necromancers being a real threat throughout. My mate ended up having several necromancers/skeletons come onto his side of the table and stopping him retrieving at least 2 of the treasure tokens. We only have a pot shot at each other here and there the majority of the fighting was against the necromancers/skeletons.

At games end I managed to get 3 tokens off, my mate 1 and my boys also got 3 with their necromancers.

regards
Mathew

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Re: FrostGrave

Postby Captain Darling » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Not my thing but cool figures, terrain and crystals!

Good to see a family game...
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au

Midshipman Easy
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Postby Midshipman Easy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Got the rules cheap and after seeing this set up I might just have to give it a go.

Great photos.

Tony.
A captain goes down with his ship. Midshipman Easy Reporting!

Roark
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Postby Roark » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:31 pm

You've got some really nice pieces, not to mention the Sigilist (?) warband. I've recently bought a couple of Frostgrave books (so cheap!) and looking forward to playing a game.

I also got a box of the Osprey Barbarians (20) for bugger-all and I'm so impressed with the quality! Hardly anyone does good plastic bulk packs of fantasy minis these days. Lots of spare bits too.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Postby Admin Fella » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks.

Yes Sigilist.

The plastics are well suited for conversions. The 2 soldiers and Templar with polearms are from Frostgrave warriors plastics with arms and heads and arms from a mix of Perry War of the Roses Plastics and Conquest games Normans I think.

They mix quite well. :)

regards
Mathew

Return to “The Sci-Fi, Pulp and Fantasy Room”