Confrontation - Rackham's nice minis not yet dead....

Where you can chat and talk about everything not historical!
Zepnix Games

Confrontation - Rackham's nice minis not yet dead....

Post by Zepnix Games » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:26 am

Confrontation seems to have had another breath lent to it locally....
I was pretty sure it was dead.....
But we've got another local picked up a few minis - and now that FFG/Rackham have finally confirmed that their gorgeous signature range of minis are not going totally out of production - just reduced to allow a concentration on their Pre Painted Plastics (and of course their metal prices are jacked up even further).

So anyway, last weekend got my Wolfen out for the first time in a long time, and played a game of C3 vs. Steve (who picked up all my Devourers that had been slated for disposal).

As is to be expected in a game between both Wolfen factions - fast and brutal.....
My prowler only got to lay a couple of traps, and I got minimal use out of my crossbows..... before the evil armoured wolves were in close causing great mayhem.

... both wolfen factions are fast and large and brutal..... the Wolfen of Yllia (savage hunters) think that a piece of leather wrapped around a wrist counts as heavy armour, and have some truly brutal close combat weapons..... The Devourers on the other hand tend to have more sensible sized weapons and encase themselves in steel cans.

Steve's Devourers are now starting to look truly exquisite - there is obviously nothing left for me to teach him about painting, as he has surpassed my abilities by several orders of magnitude (maybe I need to break his fingers in order to maintin my superiority? :twisted: )

Will have to try and get some photos on the weekend.

But the new game - Confrontation : age of the Ragnarock - is a great fun and fast paced game - it's only weakness (IMHO) its link between replacing fantastic sculpts with barely adequate PPP....

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 am

"But the new game - Confrontation : age of the Ragnarock - is a great fun and fast paced game - it's only weakness (IMHO) its link between replacing fantastic sculpts with barely adequate PPP...."
a pretty serious weakness IMHO

Zepnix Games

Post by Zepnix Games » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:09 pm

Cardinal Biggles wrote: a pretty serious weakness IMHO
A weakness that may yet kill it....
- the confirmation that the original metals will still be available has given it a chance at my local..... we had a whole bunch of guys ready to buy into it when the PPP rumour started..... they held back..... then when it was announced that the swing was going to be ALL PPP, then it appeared to die......
..... but the strength of the game combined with the continued availability of the amazing minis may see it survive....
personally, I'm rationalizing my rackham stuff.... as I have huge amounts of stuff, much of it in my painting cue..... but I'm keeping 3 armies at full size for the new game (which I'll continue to expand).....

.... I have no interest whatsoever in PPP.... but I once made my living based on the fact that many people don't have the time and/or inclination to paint- they just want to play..... so I will grudgingly accept that PPP has a place in the world..... and Rackham's are extremely good when compared to other PPP ranges..... it's just such a huge disappointment compared to the awesome pieces of artistry that are their metals..... and the inspiration I've seen them give to painters.....