So who plays what?

Where you can chat and talk about everything not historical!
G

So who plays what?

Post by G » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:12 am

I'm pretty much a GZG man - Stargrunt and Full Thrust, though I'll have FMA skirmish when it comes out (eventually).

My figures are not exclusive to them though looking at a few others to flesh them out a bit :D

G

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:16 am

Does 40K Qualify? I have previously played a bit of that. My young lads are into the figures at the moment, so i have been trying to paint a "retro" army using 2 edition figures for them. Mind you they are not exactly the most "respecting" of things at times, so i doubt they will be able to get their grubby little mits on them. :P

G

Post by G » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:34 am

I suppose it does :P

Personally only played it once but will probably do so again in the future :)

What you painting?

G

uriah heep

Post by uriah heep » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:45 am

i play a bit of doc who house rules not harliquins

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:19 am

played 40k last night...have a hangover of course! will post some pics in the club lounge and Doom room this weekend..

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:09 pm

you didn't play 40k...

you played a hybrid version of Kill-Team and Space Hulk run by an angry man with a STICK called Barry.

I've dabbled in 40k when I first got into wargaming (technically I started out in fantasy but 40k was where it all was at school).

Otherwise I don't play any Sci-Fi Game except Babylon 5 Call to Arms.

Myself and the Tinnies Irregulars (all the regulars who turn up to thursday gaming) are in fact planning on starting a Babylon 5 campaign.

When I get my blasted camera organized I'll post pictures of my fleet (I play early and 3rd age humans- so Pre-Mimbari war and Post-Mimbari War to Shadow War.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:23 pm

well the figures were 40k and the resolution of melee was 40k...were we on a spaceship?...I thought it was a dungeon...well well, will post some pics of the evening in the next few days..

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:14 pm

you were in a temple. HELL I wasn't even PLAYING. I was playing Crash Tackle with pete... 1st half score 7-7.

Australia got a try in via their number 14 around the 10-15 minute mark but various pushes and a penalty to New Zealand had them score along the sideline and they managed to get the kick.

It's a bloody fun game.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:03 pm

a temple? why did we have to watch bits of Alien before the game? A temple, well i never..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 pm

I am painting some old fashioned Marines. I will post a pic or two up in the next day or so. Done first batch, only 40 or so to go now. :)

Zepnix Games

Post by Zepnix Games » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:01 pm

Urban War and Metropolis fo rme...
Used to play 40k, always mean to get back to it... but too much other stuff higher on the list of priorities...

Urban War and Metropolis- successor to Void (same guys wrote it, same setting)... better sculpts ... 25mm Sci-Fi
Urban War - skirmish version - fast paced, usually 8 to 15 models a side.
Metropolis - essentially the same mechanics, same stats, points values, models - but squad based- closer to 50 models per side.
... When I saw it first, I knew I didn't have time/space in my life for a sci-fi game.... how wrong I was...

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:06 pm

Were you the bloke at MOAB with the Urban Mammoth stuff?...if so it was very nice...I bought some, which was more than I did on the Battlscape stand!!!

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:07 pm

www.zepnix.com doesn't seem to work

G

Post by G » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:13 am

Space Hulk is one of those GW extra games that I rather like.

What is Crash Tackle? Sounds fun!

G

Zepnix Games

Post by Zepnix Games » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:53 am

Conrad Hawkwood wrote:Were you the bloke at MOAB with the Urban Mammoth stuff?...if so it was very nice...I bought some, which was more than I did on the Battlscape stand!!!
Yep- that was me.... very nice stuff.... that's why I became a retailer as well as a customer....

http://www.zepnix.com/
will have to check the sig link.....

Ben

Post by Ben » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:55 pm

Crash Tackle is a Rugby Board Game from South Afica.

The Field is 6 interjoining peices and you play with all 15 characters. The field is divided into little circles and you can have one player per circle.

Forwards, Backs, Wingers and Full Backs all have different movement and ball handling ability.

Essentially you roll two dice to try to gather the ball and have to equal or under your ball skill. If you fail that roll then your turn is over. If you pass that roll then you can move that character AND EVERY OTHER ONE IN YOUR TEAM.

There are special cards like palm off, or breakthrough etc.

The Australian try worked out with a Smooth Pass (so free pass, no die roll to succeed) played at the same time as another Pass card that allowed Pete to pass 10 hex's rather then the standard 5, straight to a forward who moved up and used "bulldozer" (I think) which sent two of my men to the ground while also playing Hand-off so he stayed up. This created a hole in my line. So he passed the ball to the winger who scooted down field, kicked it and got to it before my Full Back did. TRY TIME.

So you see the cards help out the game and make sneaky things happen.

When I scored my try I forced a Penalty using one of the special cards I had. Then Smooth Pass to get it to my winger then I used Breakaway for 3 extra movement and hand-off to break past his winger and score.

It takes a while to get a hand off as you have to move all 15 men you have- usually but if you screw up in your positioning and leave a hole in your line (each man can tackle an enemy that moved into an adjacent hex). This was my second game of it and it was very fun.

red_bug_eyed_monsters

40k it was @ WWW!

Post by red_bug_eyed_monsters » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:58 pm

The WWW that Kendo (Sol Invictus to some) played was a hybrid version of Space Hulk and 40K Kill Team rules!

FYI - the Ork Brutes killed 45 members of the 48 members of the 6 invading Kill Teams, also captured 1 nun (hours of fun!) and narrowly missed 2 cowardly Necrons who went to the mist instead of dying. OK so we lost about 90 Orks but we still had shirt loads left and many hours of laughs - which is what being Orkish is all about!!

FYI also Tyranids taste like chicken!

Cheers

RBEM of WWW

(PS Dr Zepnix's your Slaanesh Chaos Marines have been banned at WWW as being way too nasty! Cheers)

G

Post by G » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:14 am

Sounds AWESOME! I like bloodbowl and rugby so this is bound to be fun for me :D

G

P.S the UK stockist is out :cry: :cry:

Zepnix Games

Re: 40k it was @ WWW!

Post by Zepnix Games » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:55 am

red_bug_eyed_monsters wrote:
(PS Dr Zepnix's your Slaanesh Chaos Marines have been banned at WWW as being way too nasty! Cheers)
Good to know you've gotten the hang of them....
- they were always a bugger to get anything done with until you figure out their finesse and tricks- then they could open almost any nut...

EDIT: How are they faring under the new book?

red_bug_eyed_monsters

New book!

Post by red_bug_eyed_monsters » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:20 pm

Dr Z,

I've not used them since the new Codex came out.

A little unpopular due to the nastiness they bring. Under the new rules they are a lot more point intensive - the Sonic Weaponry went through the roof!

I tell you something, those Bugs are hard to deal with under their new codex.

Were you at MOAB? I was there with my 2 sons on the Sunday. Which stand were you????

Cheers

RBEM

Zepnix Games

Post by Zepnix Games » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:47 am

I was the one with the Confrontation and Urban War posters behind it...
in between Battlescape and Elite Miniatures....

.. and my wife is the Doctor.....

Will have a stand at CanCon as well..... a bit bigger, with a 4x4 gaming/demo table in the middle...

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:52 am

a good reason to go...I am after some of your figures

Zepnix Games

Post by Zepnix Games » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 am

Cardinal Biggles wrote:a good reason to go...I am after some of your figures
You don't need to wait...... I have a post office nearby- and you only need around a dozen to take part in the tournament- national championship (I've seen nasty and competitive armies ranging from 7 to 20 models at 300 points for Urban War).
(and if you're really desparate, I may even be able to lend an army or two out for the event).... easy game to pick up...

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 am

Zep...my competing days are thankfully far behingd me, I just like to watch and while I love your stuff I can wait to see them in the flesh...and as your prescence is the best reason so far for the schlepp down to the ACT I will wait, in growing anticipation