2013 Emperor's Legion ECW Tournament, Round 2, Others Games.

For discussion regarding all things to do with our emergence from the Dark Ages to the Seven Years War, FIW, AIW and everything else through the Age of Reason.
Midshipman Easy
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

2013 Emperor's Legion ECW Tournament, Round 2, Others Games.

Postby Midshipman Easy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 am

Round 2.

Russ vs Grahame

Not sure what was happening but notice in the last photo that Grahame has one lone infantry block facing off with two or three cavalry units.

Rick vs Louis.

Again I wasn't following the other games closely but I was drawn to Louis right flank where a single infantry regiment was holding off infantry and cavalry whilst partly surrounded. In the last photo all the figures in the top right corner are Louis dead.

Brett vs Michael.

Whilst one of Micheal's infantry is advancing bravely, a lot seem to be advancing in the wrong direction. Brett's massed guns were giving some trouble I understand.
A captain goes down with his ship. Midshipman Easy Reporting!

evadestruction
A Middy
A Middy

Re: 2013 Emperor's Legion ECW Tournament, Round 2, Others Ga

Postby evadestruction » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi tony, you asked about graham's lone infantry threatened by numerous cav units..

Actually it wasnt as bad as it looked for graham, if you notice next to his infantry are 4 empty base movement trays..these are actually two units of B grade cav [set up in 2 lines]...

I loaned graham this army but only painted it up to 1250 points as I missed the upgrade email making 1500 points..so when Rick had made an army list for graham at home, my loaner army was short 2 units of cav..so we substituted 4 empty trays as 2 units of cav..

Ironically when I attacked him with my cav I had forgotten those empty trays were infact cav units looking like discarded trays...hee hee how forgetful [and it was I who suggested to graham to substitute the emptry trays for figs]..hee hee.

When he offered to countercharge with his cav unit, I nearly fell off my chair as I thought they were discarded and empty trays [ I did indeed chuckle to myself about my "oldtimers" loss of memory]..

but it was easy to work out...I figured that as he counter charged my cav with his cav, my charge on the infantry with that cav unit would divert to counter his cav who were roaring down at my cav and we met roughly half way..easy and most sensible solution..so indeed it was one cav on one cav..and one infantry on one cav setting. Worked out without problem.

My how easy age affects memory...hee hee.

note: remember in my advert for this tourny I mentioned how all basing could be accomodated, well check the photos of my troops, those
of you with fog or WRG basing on cav..I overcome this difference by placing my WRG bases on a double games base [4 figs on 50 x 100 sabot]..thus enlarging the WRG bases to the requisite 50 x 50 [2 figs] doubled to 50 x 100 [4 figs]

Pike is fine for WRG or Fog as it is same..shot may be different for some as each fig is on 20 x 20

I newly based my "s series" minifigs for this tourny on WRG bases not the games dimensions as I wanted vintage style basing for vintage figs..and compatability with my other vintage figs

but the 28mm army I lent graham has been based to exactly the rules, aqs i knew I was lending it so easier to keep simple..

My other renaissance army I used last year was based on WAB basing..we did overcome that too..so anyone with different basing is welcome. Another reason to attened our club..we will try to accomodate.

Return to “The Renaissance to Age of Reason (SYW) Room”