Crusader 28mm SYW..

For discussion regarding all things to do with our emergence from the Dark Ages to the Seven Years War, FIW, AIW and everything else through the Age of Reason.
Cardinal Biggles

Crusader 28mm SYW..

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Matt is interested in stocking SYW 28mm, in particular this range. and he confesses to not knowing that much about the priod or the range ...so I said I would do a bit of a fishing expedition for him to see who would be intersted. and who woulf like to feed back about the ranges...for those not in the know , the sculptor Mark Sims did a lot of the older Foundry SYW Prussians, now I am not crazy about Foundry SYW but these Crusader blokes are a much more sober lot, he only has the one basic position for musketeers/fusliers, standing with musket upright, the position so weirdly reffered to as "march attack" and his range is a bit short in cavalry for some of the nationalities but waht he has done mix perfectly with Foundry and very closely to Front Rank..a great range , one of Conrad's favourites and he has been collecting SYW for more than 30 years so..
http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list.php?cat=7&page=1
http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list. ... =34&page=1
http://www.crusaderminiatures.com/list. ... =34&page=1
so I urge you to pass on some comments on this range and support Battlescape's plans to import them..while I might seem a glove puppet for Battlescape I can only say it is a terrific company that listensto its customers , etc etc.. now if Crusader did Prussian musketeers in Swedish cuffs and Hanoverians..Hanoverians HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM doh

what with Kevin at Battleline bringing in Front Rank SYW and Matt planning to bring in Crusader things look damn good...

Theword
a Shandy
a Shandy

Re: Crusader 28mm SYW..

Post by Theword » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:57 pm

I would buy some of the SYW Brits if he stocked them. Also the Prussian Arty looks good.

The RBA dropped interest rates by 1% again today and my entire mortgage is variable so I find my gaming budget increasing, and I intend on assisting the government's fiscal stimulus policy by using those extra funds on local business (I'm a caring citizen).

TW

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 pm

the Brits look very nice but only having one standard bearer in a command pack is a problem if you like to have two standards, you could put in a Front Rank fellow I suppose..

Theword
a Shandy
a Shandy

Post by Theword » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 am

Doesn't matter I guess as I can (as you said) use a FR mini, and really the standard bearers tend to be hidden under the flag anyway (well mine are).

Had a think about this this morning, and my only concern with local sellers is the fact that they normally have to order in stock.. not such a big thing, but I refuse to wait for them to make the order (ie if they wait for a certain number of orders before making their order). I hate waiting even a day longer than I have to as I can easily make the order myself online and don't mind paying the postage (much).

But if he stocks the product I will commit right now to buying 80 or so brits initially.

TW

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:07 pm

well pm him or email him your oder and he will tell you when he is getting them in..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Theword wrote:Doesn't matter I guess as I can (as you said) use a FR mini, and really the standard bearers tend to be hidden under the flag anyway (well mine are).

Had a think about this this morning, and my only concern with local sellers is the fact that they normally have to order in stock.. not such a big thing, but I refuse to wait for them to make the order (ie if they wait for a certain number of orders before making their order). I hate waiting even a day longer than I have to as I can easily make the order myself online and don't mind paying the postage (much).

But if he stocks the product I will commit right now to buying 80 or so Brits initially.

TW
The Cardinal is spot on i know very little on SYW, but i hope you guys don't mind me asking what is popular in this period in as i am one to try and minimise buying stuff noone wants! ;)

i am ordering at the end of this week (i.e Friday or Saturday). :)

i do intend stock them.

akula_au

Post by akula_au » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:39 pm

Mate

Are you looking at doing the discounted regiment packs?

Cheers

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:54 pm

akula_au wrote:Mate

Are you looking at doing the discounted regiment packs?

Cheers
i should be able to do those.

regards
Mathew

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 pm

What are you going to get Akula?

akula_au

Post by akula_au » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:39 am

Not sure

I was thinking of getting a couple of regiments of SYW Austrians or possibly getting some Saxons.

WHat I really want is both but well....

I bought 3 seasons of Deadwood last night

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:25 am

there are no Saxons in the Crusader range I can assure you of that nothing even remptely close..The Austrians are very nice..

akula_au

Post by akula_au » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:55 am

Dark ages Saxons

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:09 am

ah good idea..very good idea for our Warmaster project?

akula_au

Post by akula_au » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:14 am

Yep

Just not sure which ones to grab.

Will have to work it out today.

Cheers

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:30 am

we should continue this on the Talking minis area.