WiP WSS 28mm Wargames Factory plastics

For the promotion and discussion for anything 18th Century that mixes wigs, powder and lace in a theme that is not quite historical, but not quite fantasy.
Cardinal Biggles

WiP WSS 28mm Wargames Factory plastics

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 pm

I am very impressed with the versatility of these little blokes..I am sure any number of Imagi-Nations are awaitng..
Wargames Facory plastics..All may be seen on the blog http://painteroflittlesoldiers.blogspot ... rions.html

paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Re: WiP WSS 28mm Wargames Factory plastics

Post by paintpig » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 am

Awesome figures and painting :?

Appears to be more advertising than an Imagination post :roll:
regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:47 am

paintpig wrote:Awesome figures and painting :?

Appears to be more advertising than an Imagination post :roll:
Your ever shining politeness not withstanding ,I was helping you out by generating a bit of traffic for your pet project ..Next time I will put them somewhere else. This will ,no doubt please, you.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:09 am

you will be pleased to know that I am planning to do a command HQ scenario base to act as an objective marker for Maurice..table with maps, staff officers poring over maps, dogs and the like ..and some officers on foot in boots..

paintpig
The Slab
The Slab

Post by paintpig » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:32 am

Look forward to seeing it :D
regards
Dave

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 pm

I might make two

greatwhitezulu
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by greatwhitezulu » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Cardinal Biggles wrote:I might make two
Surely more than 2 :?:
No Longer The Maharajah of Golconda
But still THE Greatwhitezulu
The Liberator, The Sitting Thunder
The Bull Elephant, Breaker of Tyrants
The Cunning Leopard, Father of the Sky
Siiii-Giiii-Diiii

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:17 pm

2 sets ,, I might make 3 but I am running out of lower torsos..so untill my chum OS makes some after sale versions I may be a littl short , so to speak..

paintpig
The Slab
The Slab

Post by paintpig » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 pm

It's such a pity that Wargames Factory didn't put more effort into the horses, they have certainly let your efforts down. I imagine you should be able to paint the flaws away, although in my opinion it was probably a mistake to ink wash them as this only adds to highlight the deficiencies. The officers on the other hand are quite well sculpted and the wash tends to promote this. Look forward to seeing how this pans out.
regards
Dave

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 am

I washed them so as to see anything I have may have missed, and found a few things.. the light grey plastic, a bit shiny doesn't contrast well, and it definitely doesnt photograph well. I have found a photogrph will let you pick up mistakes you can never see in reality..the responses both public and private , from all sources , has been almost universally positve . I should hit WF up for a finders fee. I have had interesting chats with people interested in producing after markets sets and the like. which would be helpful so as to soak up the numerous spares on has after assembly. you could mazimise your numbers up to around 60 figures from a box with such a set ot two..I have benn thinking of the individual bits myself in resin via the Blue Willow cold casting foundry works..and I have founf liqid greenstuff to be your friend, having used it to build up bucket topped riding boots on the dismounted officer. a nice versatile little range. If thius cold gets itself under control I will have many more pictures to post up this weeken..I am rathr chuffed with the gunners and now I have masterd how to do a figure leaning forward and back I might do some more gunners leaning over and sighting along the barrel and some casualties, both foot and mounted..I have a pair of horses broke in conversion so they may end up as markers on a base....hence the need for the spare torsos, and hangers that people may wish to part with.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:54 am

It is good to see how the plastics can be put to use and converted. I will be interested to see how it comes out.

I certainly think once painted, any flaws will be masked quite well.

I notice it on my figure masters, there can appear to be flaws or aspects that don't look quite right, but once cast in metal and painted, i don't notice them............well most of them anyway. :)

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am

as you can see I have looked at a lot of paintings depicting the period..the map spread on the ground held down with stones , the dog and the horse grenadier senior officer with his bowl of apples onhis drummer's drum side table , now there is a challenge..
I have made a number of cavalry in more active positions so as to take advantag of yjher einescapable active horse, leaning foward and giving point(difficult to do with the current set) firiing pistols correctly stanbdard bearer defendind his stanfard..
I take the correct and accurate potrayal of what I do serioisly.
the cavalry are all black proimed and base coated but my photgraph. If somebody actuallt thought throug a set of plastics properly nobody would ever biu the metal version gain. I will still get metals where I cannot convert plastic but I have built up contact with people who may solve that issue with resin after market stuff..

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:15 am

now I have mastered doing boots using liquid green stuff that top set may become dismounted dragoons.. possibly Scots' greys