Waterloo Film

For discussion of all things Napoleonic.
Cacadores

Waterloo Film

Post by Cacadores » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:29 am

It's just got put together here, to make it easier to watch.
http://wargamessociety.wordpress.com/
Great film, great music and Plummer's a great Nosey. :roll:

Captn Ewald

Nosey

Post by Captn Ewald » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:59 am

I agree. Plummer played a wonderful tongue in cheek Nosey with all the quips characteristic of a C19 Brit Gent. Given limitations - the only thing which let the film down was the jumping jack foot guards.

Love the score as well.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:00 am

gee Cac is that a new site layout..?

Cacadores

Post by Cacadores » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:05 am

Captn Ewald wrote:I agree. Plummer played a wonderful tongue in cheek Nosey with all the quips characteristic of a C19 Brit Gent. Given limitations - the only thing which let the film down was the jumping jack foot guards. Love the score as well.
Do you mean the bloke with the rum who make quips all the time? I met his son in law - he was the one who told me all the extras uniforms were made out of paper to save costs. You can just about tell in some of the shots. Close up actors had to have real cloth, of course. I must confess I was cheering on the French cavalry who were getting close to that irritating blond peacenik!
Cardinal Biggles wrote:gee Cac is that a new site layout..?
Not sure what it is is yet, Biggles :oops: . The main idea was to have somewhere to stick up films: perhaps films of games too. Also it might be easier to find than the main site, so it works like an alternative home page :D

Captn Ewald

Paper Uniforms

Post by Captn Ewald » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Now that is something new. I shall look at the dvd again. Would interesting if they digitised it...heard a rumour a new waterloo was on the drawing board using CGI

Der Alte Fritz

Post by Der Alte Fritz » Sat May 03, 2008 6:32 am

I have always been perplexed by the overweight Highlander general blubbering out "good beans Wellington, good beans" :roll: I have no idea what that means.

"And if there is one thing that I don't know about, it is agriculture." - Wellington.

Yes, Christopher Plummer gets all of the good lines, especially in the scene where he confronts the ranker who has stolen the pig. :lol:

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat May 03, 2008 9:20 am

must watch it again...