More buildings by Plastcraft/Ewar.

For Terrain discussion, reviews and opinions.
Midshipman Easy
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

More buildings by Plastcraft/Ewar.

Postby Midshipman Easy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:48 am

Some time back I did a short review of a kit of four houses by Plastcraft/Ewar. For those of you who missed it or even forgot all about it the thread can be found here,

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6405

Anyway I recantly managed to finish the other 3 houses and the Church and City Road sections in the same range. By the way this is their 15/20mm WW2 range. The same company is making a lot of 25/28mm stuff for WW2, Samurai Japan, Sci-Fi and Fanatsy.

The Houses.

The Church.
Same material and basic construction as the houses though this is a much larger model. I found that some of the pre-cut slots were not wide enough or deep enough the fit together as intended. Also some of the roof sections were too wide. This is probably a quality control issue but the tiny instructions do not help. They could be larger and clearer. There are some pieces to made shutters for the tower windows but I think I will leave those off mine.

City Roads.
Again the same almost foam core like material with two types of curves, the lengths of straight sections and two types of intersections. Each section comes as a base/road piece and a number of cobbled footpath sections which glue down onto the road. Once in place the footpath hides the tabs that lock the whole lot into place and prevent them from moving around too much. Be warned that Plastcraft seem to have some packing issues and the pieces you get may not match what is in the box.

And all together as a small village.
A captain goes down with his ship. Midshipman Easy Reporting!

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Re: More buildings by Plastcraft/Ewar.

Postby Captain Darling » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Hey Easy,

The road set looks interesting.

Assuming you get the right pieces what length of road do you get?

How wide are the paving sections? Depending on that they could be set up by themselves to make a Roman road or a paved path?

Cheers!
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au

Midshipman Easy
A Schooner
A Schooner

Postby Midshipman Easy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Ok in the box you get are supposed to get enough bits to make 5 long sections (205mm long), 2 short straights (86mm), 2 90 degree corners, a 45 degree bend, 3 4-way intersections and a T junction. The roads are all 120mm wide from outside edge to outside edge. So the cures are 120mm radius.

The photo above with the church shows pretty much 2 sets. so about 1.5m of straight road.

Now you get enough paving to make those up. The paving sections are each 25mm wide and have clear inside edge of longer stones running parallel to the road. The curves and intersections have these smaller sections as you can see above.

Now Plastcraft also do textured sheets and I did pick up one of their cobbled sheets which might be of more use to you as I think I see where you are going. I have put it away carefully but I will try and find it and post some pics/info soon.

And just 'cause I can...

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Captain Darling » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:15 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the further pictures, the paving has a kerb side so wouldn't suit a road/path.

I have a lot of the Plastruct sheets and they do a cobbled road design as well, it'll be interesting to see what you have.

Cheers!

Midshipman Easy
A Schooner
A Schooner

Postby Midshipman Easy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:34 pm

The Plastcraft sheets are 212mm by 148mm and there are 2 in a packet. I gave one an ink wash to help show up the pattern. The figure is a 25mm Wargames Factory one.

Hope this helps.

Captain Darling
The Slab
The Slab

Postby Captain Darling » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:04 am

The Plastruct sheets I have are similar but are a bit bigger around 250mm x 200mm.

Next time I need some textured sheets I'll look up Plascraft and compare them to Plastruct before buying.

Return to “The Terrain Place”