20mm SYW

A place where one can discuss Wartime Miniatures Group Build projects.
WarTimeMiniatures

20mm SYW

Post by WarTimeMiniatures » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Hey all

While doing the 28mm Hanoverian project, looking at the local SYW interest and my own reading, I have been starting to think i would like to give the SYW thing a go. My only issue is i am a 20mm sort of guy! :shock:

While i know noone plays 20mm SYW, i am interested in commissioning some figures to maybe do British as a start for the period. I was also thinking that 20mm may offer a new scale to those who are yet to try the period or even the scale!

That all being said i am looking to commission a few figures myself regardless, but thought i would chuck a list up in case there was enough interest and maybe even support to warrant doing more. I would be planning to make them as economical as possible at around $1.30-$1.50 a figure using the same sculptor as my modern figures (which should show the high standard).

B1: Hatman marching with musket shouldered (3 figure pack)
B1A: Hatman marching with musket leveled (3 figure pack)
B2: Drummer, Ensign (1 of each in pack)
B3: NCO, Officer with spontoon (1 of each in pack)
B4: Grenadier Marching with musket shouldered. (3 figure pack)
B5: Mounted Colonel.

8 figures all up for a base set. More then pending my own wants and group interest.

Of course french would have to be thought of and/or Prussians and Austrians.

Any interest? :)

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Re: 20mm SYW

Post by Dropbear » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 pm

I am wanting to build a SYW army or two. I have some figures that are the 18mm Eureka, but they don't do british.

Depending on how they look, and how big the range would be I could most certainly be tempted by 20mm, as that is my preferred scale.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Re: 20mm SYW

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Well i just posted up the foot as a basic suggestion. With no others available in this scale an opponent (maybe french) would also be needed. I thought do foot first and then the horse, artillery etc. :)