20mm LATE WW2 HUNGARIANS

A place where one can discuss Wartime Miniatures Group Build projects.
HAMMO2440
a Shandy
a Shandy

20mm LATE WW2 HUNGARIANS

Post by HAMMO2440 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi, having been pointed in the direction of your forum by Mathew of Battlescape after having expessed an interest in getting some figures produced under his Group build programe I am now touting for other people who might be interested in my concept of filling a couple of gaps in the late war 20mm Hungarian figure market.

The following is an extract of the email I sent him with my idears (all of which are flexable and not set in concerete if it it will get people to sign up for a group build).

''The other figures I would like to see produced are all Hungarian subjects. I believe a good starting point would be the new osprey book (which I have not yet acquired as I'm currently in the middle east and away from home,but I have had a look at some of the pictures on their web site). Pictures of weapons uniforms and equipment etc look good. Paratroopers would be my favourite, with a couple of figures in hooded camo smocks and para smocks (German pattern, its unlikely either of these were worn in any number, in the case of the para smock if at all, I have seen a photo of an officer wearing a cammo jacket though and for the purposes of wargaming would make the figures stand out) and normal tunic, late war trousers and ankle or marching boots. Mix of helmets with chicken wire, field caps and peaked caps. Weapons M43 SMG, Manchiller bolt action rifles, M44 60mm rocket launcher (panzerschreck copy) and 31M machine gun. 3 packs of 3 figures all in standing/kneeling action/assaulting poses. These figures would be good for the St Latzlo division. Another Hungarian idea with a slight twist would be figures to represent the Vaney volunteer battalion which fought in the battle of Budapest. Uniforms, generally Hungarian army with greatcoats or sheepskin/fur lined coats/jackets, helmets field/peaked caps and the interesting bit is the weapons as this battalion got a lot of German weapons from the 8th SS cav division who had its stores etc in the city but not all its troops, hence the spares. So MG42, and STG44 are options as well as the M41, M43 SMG and Manchiller rifle. I have a photo of the battalion commander, also the battalion had 2 female nurses and a boy officer cadet in its headquarters (who wrote the book boy soldier, an excellent read about the siege) from which a command group of 3 figures would be nice, commander in fur jacket, peaked cap, high boots and breaches, M41 SMG, boy soldier, cadet uniform, greatcoat, steel helmet and M43 SMG, female/nurse ankle boots, trousers, tunic helmet pistol belt and holster, M43 SMG slung, but folded. support pack, MG42 gunner kneeling, Hungarian uniform, fur jerkin, field cap, STG44 standing firing same dress less jerkin, M44 rocket launcher, greatcoat visored cap crouched (tank stalking), 3rd pack 2 x manchiller riflemen helmet/field cap, 1 standing throwing grenade other crouched standing firing. 1 M41 SMG prone in helmet and fur jacket rolled on side changing magazine.''

Any comments would be welcome, any takers for a group build even more so. :D

Cardinal Biggles

Re: 20mm LATE WW2 HUNGARIANS

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 pm

a good choice in my opinion.Hungarians are perennial favourites..

soapdodger

Post by soapdodger » Wed May 27, 2009 7:49 am

Seconded........... 8)

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Post by Dropbear » Wed May 27, 2009 3:59 pm

If people make a simple list of the types they want and the numbers, I can make lists as per the other posts.

This may help get people interested.

greatwhitezulu
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by greatwhitezulu » Wed May 27, 2009 4:08 pm

As a matter of interest, what is the minimum nomber of figures per pose required to get it accepted?
No Longer The Maharajah of Golconda
But still THE Greatwhitezulu
The Liberator, The Sitting Thunder
The Bull Elephant, Breaker of Tyrants
The Cunning Leopard, Father of the Sky
Siiii-Giiii-Diiii

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Wed May 27, 2009 8:52 pm

greatwhitezulu wrote:As a matter of interest, what is the minimum nomber of figures per pose required to get it accepted?

The Hungarians are a project i am likely to do anyway, so not too many in this case! :)

HAMMO2440
a Shandy
a Shandy

Post by HAMMO2440 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:31 pm

Well it's a pity that there seems to be no takers other than myself. :(

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Post by Dropbear » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:25 am

Hammo - take a look at the other figure requests and see how we have made clear lists of the figures we want (WW2 Pacific requests have the best examples).

If you post it I will add it to the first post so others can see exactly what figures your are wanting.

If yuo have any photos you can post, that will also help.

having done that, I suggest drumming up 'trade' on other forums you are a member of.

Myself and others did this on other forums, and it did seem to help generate some interest.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:39 am

yes speaking from experience you need to have a clearly written listing of a range , so the punters get to see what is generally planned, and then you have to post a link to the site whwerever one signs up for it on TMP..forget all the other places everybody reads TMP..In my experience with a range two people showed interest for 6 months until I posted a link on TMP and then 37 people signrd up in 3 days..so that is what you have to do..if you don't do that then you are wasting your time..

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 pm

and sombody should suggest Romanians as well..Natural enemy of the Hungarians and a nation who also invested their manpower heavily on the Eastern front..and probably one should consider the Slovak contingent as well to tie up all the loose sends..as you have said you are going to do Italians Matt perhaps you should do some Italian Cavalry for the eastern front..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Without digressing off topic too much, Romanians and Slovaks are in the plans as well. Yes Italians for the Eastern Front, i will have to look at Cav.

regards
Mathew

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 pm

you wouldn't need many Italian cavalry..they performed a rather famous attack
http://militaryhistory.suite101.com/art ... ge_of_wwii

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:19 pm