28mm Hanoverian SYW

A place where one can discuss Wartime Miniatures Group Build projects.
Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Re: 28mm Hanoverian SYW

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Group Shot of adjusted completed Grenadiers:

Sapper musket will come as separate item for attaching.

I will also be able to fix the musketeer and Guards Musketeer around the same time, so all figures should be able to be released together.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:45 pm

I am also hoping you may begin to purchase a limited numbder of the figures at CanCon. I should have about 20 of each command figure available. There will also be some of the Musketeers, which will be going cheap and they should make good alternative figures and/or imagi nation options. You will be able to pick them up a bit cheaper than normal to! :)

Just see Matt (aka BlueWillow) at the show!

regards
Mathew

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Grenadier greens arrived at home today.

So everyone is aware process from here is that i have about 6 weeks to get these guys into production before i go on my next work trip.

i will then send a pile of weapons and equipment back to the sculptor and we will move onto the next batch. :)

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 am

Another long overdue update.

I finally (big sigh here) have a metal preproduction casting of the Musketeer. I will am waiting for more castings to arrive and will from there get the production mould made along with command figures. This will all happen next week. The Grenadier production mould is done and figures are ready to go.

So in nutshell i expect to have all moulds done by end of next week with figures ready after Easter. Only that long as i am taking family away for long overdue holiday week starting 18th, so nothing will be done till i return.

Anyway, here is a long wanted comparison shot with a Minden figure. Height wise they are similar, but as you can see, aside from that they are quite different.

Legion Britannique have been started and i expect a pic of the first green this weekend.

Once i confirm the Legion figure, i will start getting the French worked up. it has been an extremely long road to here so far with everything (and allot more) that could go wrong, has gone wrong. To help relieve the pain of this i will be offering the first releases at a special price of $1.75-$2.00 per figure.

I will also be offering a pack of 10 muskets as a stand along pack. I sure people will find a use for them. :)

regards
Mathew

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Guys couple quick opinions:

Casualties: Still wanted?? and if so standing, lying or sitting?

Any general opinions about Jaeger and Tricorne lace? or was it plain?

Also with regard to Lapels??? on or off?

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:38 pm

well even if the tricorne border wasn't coloured there would be a stitched black border on the tricorne that was black..no lace..
casualties both sitting and lying Freytag's jaeger had plain coats, ie no lapels
By conrad_hawkwood at 2011-04-16
as you can see they actually do have lapels and one hat has no cockade and pomp pom and the other doesnt , and one has gaiters and the other has boots ..take your pick..i would do gaiters..and then there are offciers etc..

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:47 pm

AND LONG QUEUES<, al the way down to the pair of buttons on coat at the base of their back..wrapped in a black ribbon and most probably with a bow at the neck and a tuft of hair showing at the end of the queue

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm

actually the second fellow has two cockades..

von Grumpy

Post by von Grumpy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Casualties, all three types please, thank you! :roll:

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks fellas that helps.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:11 pm

I was in a generous mood..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:15 pm

The Lapel point is interesting Gmundner Prachtwerk indicates Lapels. Of the three Corps Scheither's did not though it appears.

Boots would indicate mounted Jaeger.

We can do a lace edge on Tricorne and just paint plain if not wanted to be seen. easier to paint over than try and paint it on.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:00 pm

I have to disagree about the boots.Boots don't necessarily mean mounted at all , many jaeger units, especially Prussian , are portrayed wearing heavy jacked boots but never ride..
As for hats , all hats should have a taped edging, in this case it is black. Scheither never amounted to much at all ..actually in the scope of things neither did Freytag amount to all that much but they were in greater numbers especially after being merged with Scheither..Actually the whole jaeger thing is a bit overblown by wargamers

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Decided to add a Grenadier to the Jaeger as well! :shock:

paintpig
The Slab
The Slab
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 93

Post by paintpig » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Admin Fella wrote:The Lapel point is interesting Gmundner Prachtwerk indicates Lapels. Of the three Corps Scheither's did not though it appears.

Boots would indicate mounted Jaeger.
Many countriesunits had a lapel indication without an actual lapel, Jagers wore boots whether mounted or not it was pretty much standard uniform for this type.
regards
Dave

The fig v fig blog: from bayonets to breechloaders
The iNation blog: the hesse-kassoulet kronicles

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:56 am

Another update:

All the initial releases are now up on the website. All prices have been revised and i think you will be happy with them.

I have also listed a series of preproduction castings at a further reduced price which will be periodically available in limited numbers.

All pre production castings and the Grenadiers are now available. All going well (that is Nic making the moulds next week) the rest will be available by the end of next week.

There is also a set of muskets available as a stand alone pack.

I have new sculptors on board and all now have dollies etc and the next figures are currently being worked on. I expect a much better turn out of figures now that we have moved onto new sculptors.

I have just commissioned weapons and equipment for the French and Artillery/Labourers and i will be moving onto these as soon as ready.

regards
Mathew

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:57 pm

What is the minimum size for a Grenadier unit including command? Say for M&R? along with basing?

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:25 pm

can I order direct from you? and not on your page because
1. I received a get out of here message telling me what a dangerous site it was..and
2. I get to 14 figure and the postage was just not on.. it was at $11.00 for fourteen figures..
for these reasons I dare not go on
and in regard might nd reason , as in the rules (50mmx 50mm) 12 figures , as we do it (60mmx 60mm) 16 figures and 4 supernumeraries..only one unit

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Yep you can direct from me.

I will check the warning message issue.

I will check the weights as well for postage. $11 local allows up to 3kg (approx) of metal, so no issue there. I also state that any excess postage will be refunded. I am not in the business of trying to make money from post.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 pm

thats fine.. though it did say 14 figures was 1.4 lbs and ..weird things those carts , ok will pm you with an oirder and you can tell me the all up cost with 10%s etc and I can bank transfer or paypal, or bank transfer which is better for both of us I think.. they do look nice..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:07 pm

ok i think i have fixed the weight thing.

For information the figures have all been designed around the battle of Minden as the period point of reference. As a result in some cases the figures will be different from other ranges. The range is not designed to copy any other. Where there has not been conclusive evidence to determine a certain point, a decision has been made on most likely look and guidance from compariable armies. An example of this is the bomb cyphers on the cartridge cases of the Grenadiers. Put on there, but can easily be removed if you do not agree with them (We could not find sufficient evidence either way).

Some may disagree with the course we are taking, but as we all know not everyone can be pleased, i hope what can be agreed upon is the coverage we have started with (The Sapper is a personal favorite of mine) and intend to offer through all the ranges. This will continue with the French where we plan to offer a minimum of 3 types of Musketeer and also the Hanoverian Jaeger where we have decided to add a Mounted Jaeger and Grenadier!

regards
Mathew

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:38 am

thats fine, though the French have fusliers not musketeers.. and their uniforms are a lot more complex than Hanoverians as they were going through quite a transition , especially in 1759, from their earlier to their 1757 version and all the variations that were to be found in that uniform

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Yeah we have a basic layout for the figures prepared. The changes at that time are going to be an issue, but i am sure we can work something out.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Well I hope so , nobody else has done much of a job of it..front rank sort of come close..foundry is, as all their latest SYW, sort of all over the place..Minden is plain wrong for SYW . well not totally wrong but very limited..Crusader , half baked and all over the place..mind you they are easier than doing Prussians correctly but that isn't saying much..Russians would be the simplest Army in the World to represent..then Swedes and Austrians aren't much of problem ,,French , a bit of a night mare..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 pm

Yeah, as a rough basis we have decided on turnbacks, bayonet/sword belt under coat, horizontal duck toe pocket, no lapels on this first figure. Grenadier in bearskin Mitre.