Australian Pacific Militia troops (20mm)

A place where one can discuss Wartime Miniatures Group Build projects.
Real

Re: Australian Pacific Militia troops (20mm)

Post by Real » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:51 am

Something like this?

UPDATED LIST BELOW!

As I said, they should wear basic tropical uniforms, with mostly shorts and a few long trousers rolled up to above the knee and some worn long. All shirtsleeves are rolled up. Standard '37 pattern webbing was worn. Some sweaters and sleeveless undershirts for variation would be perfect. There are a few pictures of men wearing some kind of ponchos or sheets around them. Helmets (with and without helmet covers), a few slouch hats and probably even a few bareheads. Beards were very common.

The key for these figures is a very ragged, tired and dirty look and ripped clothing. A few days without proper support in the jungle and the men looked like ghosts. This is where there should be the biggest difference with existing figure sets.

Important questions:
Does anybody know what kind of putees they should be wearing?
Did they even use the 2" mortar?
What type of radio or telephone set did they use?
Should we cancel the Vickers and 3" mortar (plenty of other figures available for those)?
Do we want a Lewis gun?
Last edited by Real on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:26 am, edited 8 times in total.

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Post by Dropbear » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:13 am

That is a fantastic list of figures there :D

I suggest people now turn their requested numbers into "packs" listed above so i can make a new tally.

Also - how will the variety of pack effect a) the overall tally, and b) getting the figures made. I suspect it would cost a lot more to make a lot of different packs than one simple pack.

Real

Post by Real » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:29 am

Good idea! I labelled the packs with letters. I would take one each of the sets, so put me up for 62 figures, instead of just a platoon. The Vickers and mortars are not essential if I can believe the Cardinal and I don't thing they were used much on the track (much to heavy to carry around). Let's consider them as optional.

To reduce the number of figs sculpted and make the fabrication process cheaper, we could also reduce the Infantry Section packs by two riflemen and reduce the HQ by one (as per the Warmodelling packs). This would make for a total of 36 figures (without the optional ones).

Just going over the pictures and reading a few pages for the descriptions above has gotten me all emotional over the Kokoda campaign again. Damn, that was a tough fight. :shock: I'll do my best to use these figures as a tribute to those men and raise as much awareness in the Netherlands as I can.

If all those who expressed an interest could please answer the following important questions:
Important questions:

Does anybody know what kind of putees they should be wearing?
Did they even use the 2" mortar?
What type of radio or telephone set did they use?
Should we cancel the Vickers and mortars (plenty of other figures available for those)? (my answer is YES)
Do we want a Lewis gun? (my answer is NO)
Last edited by Real on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by Dropbear » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:38 am

Real wrote:
G. Damien Parer 1 of him trekking across the track with a tube shoved up his arse, leading into a bottle in his sock, to deal with his diarrhea.
as can be heard downunder - steady on tiger!

I think the first option would be a good one - maybe in a personality pack, and we can include Blamey so that the Japs can kill the bugger (Blamey, not Parer).

Real

Post by Real » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:42 am

Not such a bad idea. :twisted:

Reminds me of that song they sung in the movie Kokoda:
Have you heard of general Blamey, hero of the dear end Greece,
And who, before hostilities, was commissioner of th’police.
Found in a house of ill repute, one cold and frosty night,
Said Blamey to the copper: ‘Son, I’m just a little tight.'
A personality pack would be cool. It should definitely include private Bruce Kingsbury, Arnold Pots, Damien Parer and Ralph Honner. But this is of secundary importance to me. The normal troops should come first.

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 92

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:01 pm

Most reasonably comprehensive figure sets are about 20-24 figures.

Some of the riflemen pack figures could well mix with another pack.

Three basic poses make up these: At the Ready, Firing, Advancing.

You then have some of the more "dynamic" poses such as throwing grenades, running etc.

Bayonets could well be fixed on all and just "snipped" off for those inclined or maybe even provided as a separate sprue.

Just a couple of thoughts. :)

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:22 pm

by the end many were wearing US gaiters with shorts, initally I think it was boots and long socks..and mud..

wargameroz
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by wargameroz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Mathew

I think moulded on to be snipped off, seperate bayonets would be murder to cast i think and increase your cost. If you were doing them in resin or hard plastic it would be more feasible.

the pack idea's sound great. As they are laid out by real is very inspiring and knowing the designer not beyond him at all.

on that listing i would take 2 of each of A,B C,D, h, i J & K and 1 of E

Oz
the person who dies with the most unfinished stuff
wins

Tyberius
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 91

Post by Tyberius » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Count me in for a battalion in RF-2.

cheers Ty.

PS I have photos in a WWII magazine of Aussies in the pacific with helmets and some photos with Aussies with hats
The chickens have come home to roost,
But they are not ....... chickens
They are ....... Emus

Tyberius

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm

Great interest here all. I think already we are on the way to getting these guys done up as a priority for 20mm.

36 figures is allot though and does require a fair bit of commitment.

figures would be around $1.75 each.

What i do need is a list of weapons? so i may see what else i need to have made up.

Real

Post by Real » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Matt, does the sculpting process get more expensive as you have more figures done? Or is there a fixed price per figure?

I am pretty keen on having the special sets done (the wounded and marching figures), as these would really set this set apart. What if we further reduced the number of riflemen, Bren gunners and Thompson wielding fellows to make this possible?

Are dug-in figures an option? I'm talking about figures in this style: http://www.ab-figures.com/images/PA3033.jpg

These have their trenches included, which makes for very expensive figures. However, they should be easy to sculpt because of the absence of legs. This is a set I would cancel first though, because they are pretty easy to make by yourself and I like the other sets more.

The militia battalions had an E company which was a machine gun company, but I don't think they ever received the weapons or training for them. There is a quote in Brune's 'A Bastard of a Place' by a member of 9th Militia Bn saying that he never trained with mortars, Vickers or artillery. In any case, even if they could have had them I don't think they ever used them in Milne Bay or on the Kokoda track, which is what we are getting these figures done for. From what I remember from the fighting on the Kokoda track, the E company was used as a regular rifle company.

So, personally I would vote to cancel the Vickers and mortar teams. Any opinions on this?

If we have to reduce the number of figures sculpted, this would be my preferred list:

1 officer with revolver
3 NCO's with Thompsons
3 Bren gunners
2 Lewis gunners
10 riflemen
6 figures in the wounded set
5 marching figures with walking sticks and full gear, struggling on the trail

Total of 30 figures

But at a little more expense, I wouldn't mind having a few extra figures done. More rifleman poses for instance.

Concerning the putees, let's go for a majority of high socks and some gaiters/putees as can be seen on the drawing of a militia figure on the first page. As nice as the American gaiters look, there are already figures available for those, while we are having these figures done up for the early part of the fighting in Papua.

Weapons that need to be done are Bren guns, Lewis guns, .303 rifles, Thompson machine guns (standard magazines, no drums) and one revolver. (if we cancel the heavy weapons that is).

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:13 am

if this flies then a companion set of 7th Divvy could follow in correct US HBT trousers and gaiters, with some even in Parsons jacket..Eureka 's are not right in the leg department, and Buna/Gona/Salamua are all a go go go..do we need to think of Japanese..It was the AIF who finally brought up some heavier weaponsm but as the mortar ammo was dropped , without a shoot, there was a sad tendency for the mortars to blow up.. we could have a figure with a German MP38... there was one there,,

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:32 am

Figures are a fixed price as it stands. I also have to have the weapons sculpted, moulded and cast separately which is additional to the figures.

I am preatty happy to say that this set and the Gunners will be first up off the rank for getting done.

Real

Post by Real » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:00 am

Nice! When do you need the final list of figures? How many can we have? Is 30 ok, or can we have more?

Some more information on uniforms and weaponry, as I got the Osprey Elite 153 on the Australian Army in WW2 today.

Captain Sam Templeton's B Company was sent to Kokoda with ten Lewis guns and just one Bren, though they switched to Brens later on.

The milita wore Light Horse pattern leather leggings initially. At least some of these were used by the 39th Bn (as shown above), with the rest in high socks (which were not always worn high though).

Appearantly some militia members also wore Bombay Bloomers, sometimes turned up to above the knee (as shown above).

Some who wore long trousers cut of them off above the knee, so we also need some of the figures to have ragged edges to their shorts.

Looking at some Milne Bay pictures, I realised we should probably also have some barechested figures.

rct75001
A Middy
A Middy

Post by rct75001 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:11 am

Guys

This is brilliant. Beyond all my better judgement at a new theatre I would be in for at least 1 RF battalions.

Now I need to go and find the gunners post as I would need some of them also.

Richard

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by Dropbear » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:18 am

rct75001 wrote:Guys

This is brilliant. Beyond all my better judgement at a new theatre I would be in for at least 1 RF battalions.

Now I need to go and find the gunners post as I would need some of them also.

Richard
Huzzar! Well done that Man :D

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:58 am

ah Milne Bay, we haven't even talked about that..US there as well..we will need some Japanese..

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by Dropbear » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:17 am

Cardinal Biggles wrote:ah Milne Bay, we haven't even talked about that..US there as well..we will need some Japanese..
I am only warming up :D

I am looking into what 20mm WW2 US Pacific figures are already made. Seems USMC is around, but not so much US Army that could double in the Pacific.

I am hoping to get some of the Aussies made, or being made, before I go down the path of other nations.

Real

Post by Real » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:32 am

Way to go Richard! :D

I spoke about the 61st Bn at Milne Bay earlier in this post. I think that their appearance would be very much alike to the 39th and 53rd Bn's in the Owen Stanleys. Both in terms of equipment (as it is in the same period) as well as because of their ragged dirty look (Milne Bay must have been the muddiest place on earth :shock: ).

If I would have one thing separately molded btw, it would be machetes. To add as I like to existing figures (my Eureka late war Pacific Aussies don't carry any (big mistake) for example). Also, the militia on the track also seem to have treasured Japanese entrenching tools. Perhaps we can include a few of those as well.

As a side note, because these figures will look very exhausted, ill, ill equipped and dirty, they will probably also do a good job of doubling as the commando troops on Timor and Ambon, as well as Kanga Force in the Wau/Salamaua and Lae area.

US Army figures for the Solomons and Papua had also crossed my mind. But let's focus on getting the CMF done first.

It's up to Matthew to give the maximum number of figures we can have done, so we can draw up the final list.

Cardinal Biggles

Post by Cardinal Biggles » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 pm

we need a comprehensive list, in the manner of the Hanoverians, where people can cut and paste , with their required numbers clearly seen., into a reply easily managed bu bishop Dropbear..somebody give them a code I woud say BD1 etc..for Dishop Dropbear... ..as I did with the Hanoverians..

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:08 pm

We do need a list. The pack list is a food way to go as this is how it would be listed on BattleScape for ordering purposes. So if you want 10 riflemen, maybe in 2 packs of 5 each?

So if pack one is riflemen then break down the 5 figures into what is wanted. This is not normally an issue, but because of the variety of equipment in the Militia this may be best.

Currently you have this list:

1 officer with revolver
3 NCO's with Thompsons
3 Bren gunners
2 Lewis gunners
10 riflemen
6 figures in the wounded set
5 marching figures with walking sticks and full gear, struggling on the trail

I would consider:

2 officer with revolver
4 NCO's with Thompsons
2 Bren gunners
1 Lewis gunner
10 riflemen
4 figures in the wounded set
3 marching figures with walking sticks and full gear, struggling on the trail

Now that is down to a 26 figure set, but still gives good coverage of the relevant areas. You could even add a couple more riflemen if desired to create 2 x 6 figure packs. That is allot of riflemen though. While i have listed 10 riflemen, I usually find about 6 gives a good range. remember, we may also do some head swaps which will mix the variety of those poses even more.

The more figures you have in a set, the more that have to be ordered to get it up and running. Compact, but comprehensive is the order of the day! :)

I would list it out:

Pack A Riflemen:
Figure 1: Rifleman. At the ready pose, equipment XXXXX etc, etc.
Figure 2: Rifleman. Standing, firing position, equipment XXXXXX
Figure 3:
Figure 4:
Figure 5:

Pack B Bren LMG & No 2

And it goes on. If you take a look at BattleScape and the Aussies for Crete, this will give an indication of how packs are made up.

Someone might also want to list up what an RF Battalion would look like.

Once this has been decided, i will list it up on the site for you to confirm your intentions, by ordering some. :)

If the response here is reflected there, then away we go! I would have no hesitation in putting this into motion straight after CanCon. :)

Admin Fella
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin Fella » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:59 pm

I should add that i do not really mind how you draw it up, it is you guys designing this after all. :) I am just chucking some thoughts in there, but work it as you will. :)

Real

Post by Real » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:06 am

Then this is the list I would like to have made:

A. HQ pack :

2 figures. 1 Officer, standing upright and addressing someone. Holding a walking stick, revolver holstered, wearing standard tropical/desert uniform with '37 pattern webbing, all still in good condition (the officers made greater efforts to stay clean), wearing high socks.

I would have this figure be a copy of Ralph Honner during the Menari Parade: http://www.users.bigpond.com/battleforA ... Menari.jpg

1 radio operator, kneeling and working a telephone set, holding the horn to his mouth.

B. NCO pack:

3 figures, all armed with Thompsons.

1 attacking pose, moving forward aggressively, looking down his sights, firing his Thompson while yelling out to his men.

1 patrolling NCO, he is moving carefully, a bit bent over. He is holding his Thompson at the pistol grip with his right hand, pointing it forward and down. He is also looking forward, while quietly signalling his men behind him to keep moving by waving his left hand.

1 defending NCO in a crouched or kneeling posture. His left hand is holding his Thompson by the forward grip, leaning it on his knee. His right arm is extended to his right side, his hand steadying some nervous soldiers to his right, while he is also looking in that direction

C. Bren Gun teams:

For this pack there are 5 different figures (three Bren gunners and two loaders), who will be packaged in teams of two. So there are six random combinations of different figures.

1 attacking Bren gunner, moving forward aggressively while firing his Bren gun from the hip, while shouting out. http://cas.awm.gov.au/photograph/013285

1 patrolling Bren gunner, moving forward carefully, holding his Bren gun against his shoulder, but pointing it down.

1 firing Bren gunner, kneeling behind a tree stump which is supporting his Bren gun. He has got the Bren against his shoulder and he is firing short controlled bursts while looking down the sights. (think existing Battlescape Boyes AT rifle gunner for this pose http://battlescape.com.au/shop/product_ ... ts_id=1491 ).

1 loader, advancing, holding his rifle (no bayonet) against his shoulder, looking for targets, but not yet aiming it at something. The long bag for the Bren gun containing the extra barrel and magazines is slung across his right shoulder.

1 loader, crouched and holding his rifle with his right hand. The rifle butt is against the ground and the barrel is leaning against his left leg. With his left hand he is grabbing the long bag for the Bren gun, which he is pulling from his right shoulder.

(All the Bren bipods are folded up backwards, except the third one (firing), which has them folded forward. This is so that you can easily snip the Bren gun from the tree stump, fold down the bipod, cut the figure at the waist, and place him in a trench. (as per the AB Figures style).)

D. Lewis gunners:

2 figures.

1 Lewis gunner, advancing in a determined fashion (could be patrolling or attacking). Holding his Lewis gun in front of him, holding it with both hands, swinging it to the left and right as he is moving forward to counter his balance (hard to describe this motion, but I'm sure you know what I mean). Lewis bipod folded down.

1 Lewis gunner. This is a copy of the kneeling and firing Bren gunner, just with the Bren gun switched for a Lewis gun resting on top of a tree stump (or rock, or whatever).

E. Attacking riflemen pack:

3 figures, all running or advancing. All have bayonets fixed.

1 rifleman, storming forward, holding his rifle horizontally in front of him, swinging it to the left and right as he is moving forward to counter his balance (same basic pose as the first Lewis gunner). He is looking up at something in front of him, perhaps something in a tree or up a hill.

1 rifleman, advancing aggressively, snapping of a quick shot without really aiming.

1 rifleman, running and looking forward, holding his rifle at the hip, pointing forward. He is bending over, as if trying to avoid incoming bullets.

F. Patrolling riflemen pack:

3 figures, all moving forward carefully. Bayonets fixed.

1 rifleman, moving forward stealthily, looking to his left. He is trying to make as small a target as possible, so his posture should be a bit scared. He is arching his back, holding his shoulders in. He is holding his rifle against his shoulder, but is pointing it down at an angle of 45 degrees.

1 rifleman, walking forward, holding is rifle diagonally in front of him, trudging through mud.
I would like this to be a copy of the left or middle persons in this Milne Bay photograph: http://cas.awm.gov.au/photograph/013335 http://cas.awm.gov.au/photograph/013339

1 rifleman, walking forward, very tense posture. He is pointing his rifle at something in front of him, holding it at the shoulder. At the moment though, he is looking down at some obstacle he has to step over, or some sign of the enemy he has seen lying on the ground.

G. Defending rifleman pack:

3 figures, all crouched or kneeling and under attack or manning defensive positions. No bayonets for these figures.

1 rifleman, kneeling and carefully aiming and firing at incoming targets. Standard kneeling and firing pose.

1 rifleman, crouched and trying desperately to reload his rifle. Holding his rifle with his left hand and jabbing or removing a fresh clip or magazine into his .303 (I don't even know if they are loaded from below or from above).

1 rifleman, kneeling, pointing his rifle forward, but not actually aiming at something right now, so the rifle should not be held perfectly horizontally. He is looking to his left (perhaps at the kneeling NCO from the first pack) and shouting something.

H. Wounded pack

7 individual models in 4 different models.

1 model, two stretcherbearers carrying a stretcher with a wounded Digger on it. The bearers are obviously struggling and have their rifles slung across their backs. The wounded soldier has one knee up and one bandaged leg stretched. He has also been shot in the stomach. He looks calm and is putting one arm to his mouth as there is a cigarette in it. The other is resting on the edge of the stretcher

1 medic, kneeling and caring for a wounded man. He is holding an aid bag with his left hand and reaching into it with his right. He could be looking into the bag, or at his patient.

1 wounded figure, lying down, but with his back put up against a tree or wall of a hut or something. He has one arm lying across his lap and the other is lying on the ground next to him. He could be wounded anywhere on his body.

1 model, one wounded soldier with a crutch in his right hand, a wounded left leg, and a head bandage covering one eye. He is bending forward, as if about to fall. His left arm is swung around another soldier who is supporting him. This soldier is looking at the wounded man, has his left arm around the wounded soldier's back and his holding him at the waist with his left hand. Both are struggling forward.

I. Marching pack

4 figures, all trudging up or down a muddy and slippery track.

The inspiration for these models should be this picture: http://cas.awm.gov.au/photograph/013288 Only they should not be smiling, more should have walking sticks and they should have more gear.

1 Bren gunner, holding his weapon by the barrel with his right hand as it is lying across his shoulder. He is steadying it with his left hand.

1 Rifleman, bent over and looking down. About to fall or slide, so holding his walking stick with two hands. Rifle slung across his shoulder.

1 Rifleman, taking a big stride, while looking to his front, hoping to reach his destination soon. Pulling himself forward by his walking stick, which he is holding with his right hand. His left hand is grabbing the sling of his rifle, because it is about to slide from his shoulder (he has probably done this a hundred times during his trek).

1 NCO, standing still and at ease for the moment, turning to his body to his right, his head turned even further towards his rear. He is checking the men coming up behind him. Holding a walking stick in his left hand, on which he is leaning slightly. His right hand is holding the sling of his Thompson SMG, which is slung across his right shoulder.

Total:

This makes for a total of 32 figures to be made. Less if you count the second Lewis gunner as just a weaponswap.

I have not included the exact clothing combination for each figure. I can add this if it is necessary.

For now, each figure should have a random combination of the following:

Feet and lower legs:

Standard brown ankle boots.
The majority should wear just socks, worn high or low.
A minority should wear standard British ankle putees (strapped around tight, not as ridiculously thick/loose as the new SHQ figures).
A minority should wear WW1 era Light Horse pattern leather leggings (as seen on the drawing).

Trousers:

Four options:
1. Most should wear standard tropical shorts.
2. Some should wear long trousers cut off above the knee (ragged edges).
3. Some should wear Bombay Bloomers turned up to above the knee.
4. A tiny minority should wear long tropical trousers, tucked into the ankle putees/leggings or not.

Shirts:

Again, four options:
1. Most should wear standard tropical shirts, with the sleeves rolled up to above the elbow. Most should wear these with the shirt tucked into their pants, but some should also have it spoiling over. Most of these should have the buttons closed, but some should have their shirts open, with their undergarment visible.
2. Some should just be wearing that undergarment, a shirt without sleeves (I don't know what the word is).
3. Some should be wearing the woollen sweater, either because their regular shirt has disintegrated, or it is cold at night. So they should be sculpted with and without the shirts collar visible from under the sweater. These should have the sleeves rolled down to emphasize the difference.
4. A tiny minority shouldn't wear any upper dress and just go barechested. (very possible as clothing just disintegrated in the jungle)

Headdress:

It was my understanding that most figures can be molded with both helmets and slouch hats? While that would be perfect, but to make things easier, the officer pack should wear just helmets, while the marching and wounded packs should wear mostly slouch hats, with some bareheadeds and helmets. No need to cast two different options there.

If this isn't possible, then the majority of figures should wear helmets.

Equipment:

The soldiers could be wearing a mix of the following options:

1. Almost everyone should wear '37 pattern webbing, though it wouldn't have to be complete. Some men would have lost items. No entrenching tools were worn I believe.
2. A lot of them should be wearing bandoliers for .303 clips.
3. Figures armed with Thompsons should of course be wearing the special ammo bag for it (my guess it was designed for the round drum magazines, but was also used for the small box ammo clips used in Papua. If some riflemen also get this bag, they can double as loaders for the Lewis guns or carrying extra Bren ammo (or possibly 2" mortar rounds).
4. Some men should be carrying bedrolls, ground sheets or ponchos. Some could have these wrapped around them (for instance one of the defending riflemen).
5. It seems that Japanese entrenching tools were much valued, as the men did not have their own.
6. Backpacks (especially for the marching figures), even though they usually seem to have had these carried by natives.

I can not stress enough the ragged appearance these men should have. This may be difficult to sculpt, but the filthiness, sickness and fatigue of the men should be at the very forefront of these figures. They should look very gaunt, and very, VERY skinny. In my opinion the ragged look is the most important aspect of this build, as it is something that is entirely absent in other range!

Rapid Fire battalion packs:

In absence of a clear TO&E it is hard to come up with a suitable Rapid Fire! battalion ORBAT.
If we assume the following:

HQ: CO+ 4 figures
A,B,C,D rifle companies: 8 figures each
E machine gun company: 8 figures, including extra LMG (to give it +1 firepoints, as per the German panzergrenadiers)

then you would need the following packs to build this unit:

1x A (HQ )
2x B (NCO's)
4x C (Bren gun teams)
1x D (Lewis gunners)
3x E (attacking riflemen)
3x F (patrolling riflemen)
3x G (defending riflemen)

Total: 45 figures

You could get away with a lot less btw, as they were never at full strength, suffering horrendous casualties at the hands of the Japanese and the jungle.
You could also swop a couple of riflemen packs for packs of I (marching) for more variety. The wounded set also gives more flavour and gives you some great objectives to defend.

As soon as the list is accepted and put on the website, I will place orders for the following: 1x A, 3x B, 5x C, 1x D, 3x E, 3x F, 3x G, 2x H, 2x I for a total of 62 figures.

Questions I now have: is the list comprehensive and clear enough? I will be adding more pictures as I find them.

If anyone has anything to add, special figures or poses they would like, options or equipment or historical details I have forgotten, please, PLEASE, tell so now. This range must be perfect.

Who agrees or disagrees with this list?
Last edited by Real on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Real

Post by Real » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:22 am

Some more inspirational stills from the movie 'Kokoda'. In the figures I would be looking for even more variety in dress.

Dropbear
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Post by Dropbear » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:16 am

Nice detailed list there... my only "concern" is that the packs are geared towards RF - I play 1:1 skirmish, which means i would have to buy more packs than i would need, and have excess figures in some cases, to make my sections.

Not that this worries me too much for the CMF, as I am not in the market for them yet, but having figures available in 10 man section packs would suit me and probably others.

One thing that should be considered is the fact that Battlescape needs to sell these to other customers, not just those involved in the build program.