Looking to run some 40mm Modern Afghanistan at December Meet

please click on "the Directory" for a listing of all groups found here.
JasonB
A Schooner
A Schooner
Enter a number between 90 and 100: 0

Looking to run some 40mm Modern Afghanistan at December Meet

Postby JasonB » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I have just ordered some british, french and taliban from HLBS in 40mm. I am starting to get some terrain done as well. Sooo....I am wishing to put some games on and was thinking about the december Cumberland meeting, also making it my first visit there since about 1995...will be using Ambush Alley and a few of the scenarios in that.....i plan to run alot of these games as I try out a variety of rulesets to see which ones suit me.....eventually i would like to GM a Charlie Company campaign where players take on the role of a platoon commander in the Royal Marines in Helmand province......so anyone interested in trying them out in december at Cumberland meeting?...

manstein

Re: Looking to run some 40mm Modern Afghanistan at December Meet

Postby manstein » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Jason
I'd be interested in doing some modern Afghanistan/Iraq using Ambush Alley next year but unfortunately won't be able to make the December or January meetings. Should be able to make this Sundays November meet though and then the one in Feb (8th?).

I downloaded the Ambush Alley intro rules and am absorbing them. Looks very playable, I'll try them with some 1/72 figs to famil . The HLBS 40mm figs look great. I'm just getting back into figure gaming after a long break, last month at Cumberland was my first game WW2 game for years. I'm making up some 1/72 modern stuff; a Bradley M3, a couple of Humvees and some Revell infantry and was thinking of adapting the Rapid Fire WW2 rules to modern when I saw your post and realised AA is probably better. Are you interested in some 1/72 as well as 40mm modern using AA rules too next year?

Interested in the UK Marines in Helmand scenario. Read '3 Para' last summer and have a bit of an Afghan library, including 80s Sov v Muj.

Dave

wargameroz
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Postby wargameroz » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Dave

if Jason isn't then I certainly am. Like you I read 3 Para recently and have started getting some stuff together for it, primarily Liberation and Britannia. Not sure if you are aware that mein host battlescape have in their hot little hands the master for an Australian Bushmaster in 1/72nd scale. At this stage I plan to use a Liberation WMIK crew to man it . Have also arranged a big Liberation order through Syr Hobbs int he US today which will be being posted in the next few days with a lot of the Liberation US SF types and also some Muhajadeen types as well.
the person who dies with the most unfinished stuff
wins

Cardinal Biggles

Postby Cardinal Biggles » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:44 pm

chaps , there is no meeting in January and May, blame Osama bin Laden

JasonB
A Schooner
A Schooner

Postby JasonB » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:23 pm

Great stuff will definitely be interested in some 1/72nd as well as the 40mm stuff....keep in touch and we will arrange some stuff next year.....

manstein

Postby manstein » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:49 pm

OK, 40mm and 1/72 sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind expanding into other post-WW2
also like NATO-Warsaw Pact, Arab-Israeli, Iran-Iraq, Falklands etc although the AA rules may suit more the close urban scenarios than conventional tactical stuff. Probably more than enough
Afghan and Iraq scenarios for a few month gaming.

I'll check out the Liberation and Britannia figs and the Bushmaster in 1/72nd. Been a long time
since I made a model and painted some figs (maybe 1978....). The Bradley has been an epic but I'm getting more motivated to finish it now!

Maybe discuss Sunday

JasonB
A Schooner
A Schooner

Postby JasonB » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Sound good....I also have Iron Ivans game Seek out Close with and Destroy which is a modern expansion on Dispobale Heroes, its more suited to regular on regular action.....will bring them with me on Sundya to show you.....

wargameroz
Master Brewer
Master Brewer

Postby wargameroz » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:38 pm

guys

I hve heaps of liberation and Britannia modern stuff if you would like to see it in the metal so to speak.
I can't guarantee I can get a leave pass for Sunday if I do i will bring some if not feel free to PM me and
maybe arrange a visit, I live in Lidcombe and have a 18 foot by 5 1/2 foot table always available.

Simon aka oz
the person who dies with the most unfinished stuff

wins

Return to “The Directory”